First Picture on a Leica Camera

If I'd just made a film camera, the first couple of shots would probably be of my legs and feet, followed by a few of a test chart and then maybe one out of the window. A nicely composed shot of buildings and people would come some way down the roll of film.

-R

If I'd just made a film camera, the first couple of shots would probably be of my legs and feet, followed by a few of a test chart and then maybe one out of the window. A nicely composed shot of buildings and people would come some way down the roll of film.

-R
... or a weird angle shot of my face closeup from me staring at the front of it while muttering "Is that working...". :D

Even reading the linked source article (The first picture taken on a Leica) the skeptic in me would want to know how it is known to be the first Leica photo. 🤔
Because the fellow who took the first photo said so. Sheesh. And then there are the folks at Leitz he showed it to. I am a skeptic, too, and am usually appalled at the cult-like adulation fan-boys heap on the cameras. But I have no trouble believing this story.

Back