First pictures of 2014

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
Anyone up for posting their first image from 2014? Doesn't have to be 1 January, just the first from 2014 whatever the date. I'm still a few hours out from midnight, but I know some of you are already there.

Basically, we intended to do a New Years day incursion on an abandoned power plant -- but a different power-that-is has welded the place up tight. Went to another power plant... got on the grounds this time, but couldn't get in... welded up tight AGAIN.

Finally settled for an abandoned elementary school distinguished by a rooftop playground, basketball court, etc. Stayed through sunset. Some fun pics -- but not what we went for.

Big props to the NoVA group I went with (second trip with them) and I had a great time playing with children my own age, lol.

11698499025_be37f4a17f_b.jpg

Disappointment: Haunting Presence by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11698739213_876902b8bf_b.jpg

Disappointment: Richard Shoots Under the Bridge by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11698738343_cf5f1c0e91_b.jpg

Disappointment: Philly at Sunset by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11698866664_bce6754780_b.jpg

Disappointment: Playground on the Roof at Sunset by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Well, this is embarrassing, but I cannot tell a lie. When I went to bed last night I sincerely intended to at least get one shot of bare black boughs against a white sky before I set up my shoot for the Fat Mum Slim PAD prompt "lunch" first thing in the morning. But did I remember this thread when I woke up? Even worse, I trusted auto for the first shot. So here it is. It can only get better from here!

11700526416_01bab070df_b.jpg

First Shot of 2014 by rubyj29, on Flickr

First sunset of the year

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then the clouds shifted but ended up w/ these shots

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I decided to enter 2014 by producing the same kind of classy and sophisticated images I'm renowned for.

So here's my first of the year - a picture of Tulip the cow from the National Zoo. I don't know how sophisticated she is but as cows go I think she's quite classy:)

<center>
11764533924_ec25ecae00_o.jpg

DSC01719 by ...olli..., on Flickr<center>

Back