Fuji first shot from the X Pro 1

pec

Rookie
Got a chance to play a bit Saturday with my new X Pro 1. I am amazed at the jpg rendering of the greens. A bit of noise is present at 800 ISO.

As everyone else has said this is not a camera for beginners, be patient and it will reward you... My keeper rate wasn't terribly high this first time out, but I kinda like this shot.

Comments/Thoughts?

Flower 1 (small).jpg

thanks. all i did in LR is about +5 on lights and -5 on darks for a tad more contrast. No color adjustments at all.

Got a chance to play a bit Saturday with my new X Pro 1. I am amazed at the jpg rendering of the greens. A bit of noise is present at 800 ISO.

As everyone else has said this is not a camera for beginners, be patient and it will reward you... My keeper rate wasn't terribly high this first time out, but I kinda like this shot.

Comments/Thoughts?

View attachment 4296

Great colors, Paul, and nice use of shallow DOF. Did you find you had problems with the pinks on the flowers? I've noticed blown out reds/magentas/pinks shooting with mind----easy enough to correct in post, but surprised nevertheless.

Thanks.

Regarding blowing out reds, I need to exposure to the left a tad. I would rather try and recover from shadows rather than bring down highlights. This shot is purposely underexposed from what the meter said I should do. I do the same with my Nikons.

Back