Fixed-lens photo show-case

Just some stairs...

GOPR0146-f.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Cronquist House in Red Deer, Alberta.

This was originally located the other side of the river but was moved to it's current location in the early 80's by building a ramp down to the river and making an gravel/ice bridge over the river then hauling it into it's current location. Now it is used as a tea house / restaurant and holding events there. Last night we had a 5 course Victorian Christmas meal there which was most enjoyable.

It sits in a park area with large lake for boating/skating and an outdoor stage for hosting performances.

1st dec 2023 cronquist house.jpg

We were looking back at you yesterday evening :) One of our favorite evening walks is up the lower slopes of that bump center horizon. Didn't bring my camera and I usually use a zoom anyway so OT, Here is a link to a previous walk. Mt Douglas is the bump just below right of the sun.
Ah, that's great! :) We were trying to figure out the geography - but it was too hazy to see any of the "big markers" (Mt Rainier or Mt Baker)...
Looking at the map we're always surprised how far south Victoria actually is - halfway down to Seattle almost... :)

Lovely photo - what a wonderful evening walk!

There are times when I miss the LX7... such a great little camera.
But its replacement, the Fuji X30, is an equally great camera, for all kinds of images. Including this one of Don José, a local farmer who mowed our hay field, and then expounded on his philosophy of life.

X30_July5_don_José#2(SilverEfex).jpg

Back