Flaky Flickr......

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
For the past couple of weeks now Flickr has flaked out on me. When looking through my portfolio it sometimes will not go beyond page 7......or it scrolls endlessly through photos and you have to go back to page 1 to start again. Sometimes you click on a link and nothing happens but if you go to the address bar and hit return it goes to the page you want. Often, stats won't show, nor comments.

I may bail out!

I'm not using it much at all.
*sits back and waits for Bill P to mention... Ipernity*

Ipernity... Ipernity... IPERNITY!!
article_post_width_bbbb.JPG

I think it's run in a peculiarly French way, as in "Profits? Meh..." but they had a bit of a rude awakening about a year ago. There is a very vocal and active user community that really loves the place and a bit of crowdfunding was, er, imposed...

I have been a free user for some time now but never really got into it that much. Haven't uploaded to it for a long long time. Now I see you can transfer your flickr photos to it. Tempting........how will it manage my 17,000 shots? :0)

I have been a user of Flickr for about 8 years. Only encountered bugs about 2-3 times during this period of time. I have a grandfathered account with unlimited uploads and am happy to stick with them unless things really start to go downhill.

Back