Leica Flash for M240 and M6 Classic

aaronz28

Regular
So - anyone know of a Flash that would be good on both the m240 and a M6 Classic?

I have a Vivitar 283 that works on both my M3 and M6 (with a cable)
but i'm selling the M3 and just want one flash for both the M6 and 240 -

i probably won't do MUCH flash work - but i do have some stuff coming up that i'll need it for.

The SF58 is just huge - anyone know about the SF-26?

Thanks

Aaron

Not sure about the M6 but the SF58 works perfectly with the M240 especially the HSS for fill light. Unfortunately, no personal experience with the SF26. I did read somewhere that it is better than the SF24d

Skip the 283. The M240 is supposed to be able to take any synch voltage, but it's way too expensive to take that chance.

The SF-58 is a superlative flash that works with multiple Leica cameras. It is capable of setting its zoom automatically to the FL of a coded lens, and like all Metz units, it's a tank with accurate guide numbers. The SF-26 is a toy by comparison, it runs on AAAs (for slow-recycling fun), and it does not have the bounce/swivel aspect at all. Read the reviews of its sister Metz units (all made in China). For daylight fill, the 58 is the only thing that will really work.

If you are thinking non-Leica and small, get a Nikon SB-30, which is a tiny fixed-head flash with several auto and manual modes (also TTL with Nikons, as well as a universal slave mode). It has the same ready-light pin that Leica does, so it will automatically engage the synch speed on your M240 when it is powered on.

Dante

Back