Leica Flickr changes again, how to post images

Brian

Product of the Fifties
Flickr must be like Sam's Club- as soon as you can find something, they move it. Maybe so you run through the store, trying to find what you want, and buy extra stuff? User interfaces should not be like this, and should not change without warning.

The new interface,

1) Click on the Share Photo, the rectangle with the arrow sticking out of it. Would make a good logo for a Russian camera lens.

2) Click on the "Bulletin Board Pin"

3) Click on the size image you want,

Get the generated script which is now an "HTTPS", secure.

13298127613_4f57e86338.jpg

You can edit this down, get rid of everything outside of the [ img ] [ / img] code, and can change it back to an "HTTP" if you want to, or use the original script unchanged.

13298127613_4f57e86338.jpg

Thank you for this, Brian, as I could not figure it out last night.

I believe steps 2 and 3 need to be switched around, otherwise it reverts back to medium size when you click on the bulletin board pin.

Cheers,

Antonio

It always takes a while to get used to changes...then all of a sudden they don't seem like a big deal anymore, at least in the case of Flickr - for me.

In this case, I think the changes actually improve the page. Use of screen real estate is improved, and the photos look better. Once you find out where everything is, it works fine.

Cheers,

Antonio

I understand that the recent changes (blocking use of ifram es) have made a lot of images stop showing in the forums. The problem is that a malformed ifram e tag by one member can cause 40 other posts by other members to completely disappear in a thread. This has already happened a number of times. I am looking for a vBulletin mod that will allow me to re-enable ifram es for existing posts while preventing members from using them going forward. So far I have not found a solution, so you can either wait for me as I keep looking, or you can edit your posts to use BBcode to embed the images. I'm sorry that this change has caused so many images to disappear from the forum - in some cases it amounts to all the images posted by certain members :(. However, the longer I would have waited to make this change, the more members would have been adversely affected in the long run.

Back