News Flickr changes

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Name
Garry
Looks like a lot of images are going to disappear from this forum !

Free members will still be able to participate fully in our community. Free members with more than 1,000 photos uploaded to Flickr will have until Tuesday, January 8, 2019, to upgrade to Pro or download photos over the 1,000 limit. After January 8, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr.

And starting with the oldest, images will be deleted until your stream is 1000 images

Does anyone know a way to delete photos from flickr other than one at a time. I just whacked about 50, but at this rate....it'll take me until the deadline in February to delete another 3000.

I may just simply delete everything and start a new account. But honestly I don't know where some of these photos are otherwise.

Does anyone know a way to delete photos from flickr other than one at a time. I just whacked about 50, but at this rate....it'll take me until the deadline in February to delete another 3000.

I may just simply delete everything and start a new account. But honestly I don't know where some of these photos are otherwise.

You can delete or download in bulk on the camera roll page. But only 500 at a time

I deleted a few thousand of my account at the start of this year, so it would only have my best pictures. I've never considered Flickr to be somewhere to store pictures but have spent a long time looking for cloud storage - only to realise that I had unlimited storage with my Amazon prime subscription.

Flickr Pro for 50 bucks a year isn’t a bad deal. How much do people spend on gear, film, developing costs... for the price of a pint a month I can showcase as many photos as I want. I also back up to Google photos, iCloud and Adobe cloud, and to an external disk. I don’t want to take any chances, these photos represent a meaningful chunk of my life for the last 15 years.

Looks like Smugmug is trying to kill Flickr, I still have my $24-ish per year pro subscription going on since a few years back, but if that plan gets discountinued I'll be very sad, Flickr has been my only organised photo manager, as I don't keyword my photo and maintain a database, what am I to do?

I just killed my Flickr account. I primarily host my images on Smugmug (from way before they took over Flickr) and dabbled with Flickr for the interaction. But I never was one for soliciting feedback so I didn’t get around to tag my images or put them in special groups. I’ve toyed with the idea to leave Flickr behind, and this was the last push in that direction.

I do understand the reasoning behind the new policies though. I guess 1TB for free accounts was not sustainable in the long haul. I hope they can turn this into a good thing, improve the good things about Flickr and weed out the bad. It just isn’t for me.

Found this info this morning.....

If you'd like to download all of your photos, including all of your data, go to your Flickr account settings and select Request My Flickr Data on the bottom right of the page.

I have initiated the procedure. Seems like it will take awhile and when the download is ready (presumably some sort of zip file), flickr will contact me. I'll update when I know more. This is certainly easier than looking to see where all these photos are.

Found this info this morning.....

If you'd like to download all of your photos, including all of your data, go to your Flickr account settings and select Request My Flickr Data on the bottom right of the page.

I have initiated the procedure. Seems like it will take awhile and when the download is ready (presumably some sort of zip file), flickr will contact me. I'll update when I know more. This is certainly easier than looking to see where all these photos are.

I've just done that, too. As it is, I plan to prune out the stuff I don't like much anymore, and I guess I will consider future alternatives, if they exist.

Sigh... have to figure out which 80 photos I'll delete.

But basically two-three years into the future I think we can see a Flickr with more coherent content. A free limit of 1000 pictures means people can't just dump their endless vacation photos there. Now they have to think and editorialize.

Sigh... have to figure out which 80 photos I'll delete.

But basically two-three years into the future I think we can see a Flickr with more coherent content. A free limit of 1000 pictures means people can't just dump their endless vacation photos there. Now they have to think and editorialize.

I've always done that, I just don't want to dump everything up there. yikes. I only have 680 or so and thats over quite a few years.

Back