Flickr, friends and contacts

AzPete

Veteran
Hi everyone: in an effort to grow and share my craft and pictures I have come to the conclusion that I really have hardly any contacts on my flickr account. (Now I really hate to bring another website here but I think this will be okay... If not, BB you can shut this down).

So I am asking that if you have a flickr account and are a member or regular visitor here, to please give an "okay to add" and your "flickr name" here and I will add you as a contact.

Thanks so much for this consideration,
Yours truly,
Pete

Never would I shut you down, Pete! However, I have moved your thread into the Image Processing forum because Help and Feedback is site related.;) At some point we may add in a software/hardware forum but for now I think Flickr threads fit in well here.

Of course I am already a contact of yours and visa versa.:friends:

When I first began using Flickr, I was using it strictly for close friends who we'd vacationed with...next when I became involved with the MINI Cooper cultists, I began posting to Flickr so that we could share our obsession and embed in several MINI discussion forums... Then I got a bit hooked into the world of dogs...and I do have a bunch of dog contacts, quite a few of whom turned out to be very accomplished photographers so we have that connection as well... Sometimes I have "met" these folks due to "pools" on Flickr or someone has seen a tag...and so it goes.. If I am particularly fond of someone's pictures or style or whatever, I will make them a Contact (at whichever level I choose) and then they are sent an alert...and very often reciprocate. Sometimes you have to winnow down contacts because it can be overwhelming, especially if you really do want to keep up with people.

With regard to "pools" on Flickr, one can search and check them out, see where others have added their photos and/or be invited. I happen to have become friends with a photographer named vaquey (who is a member here) and we initially met because we both have Shetland Sheepdogs...then we noticed each other's photos...and so it goes...

I don't know if you didn't know this or wanted to...but I thought it might help to see how it has worked for me.

Pete, we be brothers already.
To all... Please do not think if I don't post a comment on your images that I'm not interested.
I post when I can and very rarely make an image a favorite.
So, don't be offended... Thanks...don

So I am asking that if you have a flickr account and are a member or regular visitor here, to please give an "okay to add" and your "flickr name" here and I will add you as a contact.

I could've sworn you were already on my Flikr contact list but nevertheless I shall add you now, I am 'thelateshowwithsanjuro', for anyone else who wants to add me too.

I have to warn you though, there are often long series of days when I am unable to get out to do any 'proper' photography so you may find lots of photos of my cats and dog in there instead when I'm just itching to press the shutter button....

:cool: That's very interesting to know, Will. Not sure if you'd mentioned that earlier or not.

Speaking of Flickr, I've just moved a thread in here and made it a sticky: Members Photography Sites. Everyone is encouraged to add their sites, if they'd like. In addition, it is more than AOK to include the same in one's signature line via one's User Control Panel.:flowers_2:

Hey pete, feel free to add me and anyone else can add me too :) but not sure what my user name is haha :tongue: just follow the link on my signature ;-)

I' do look at peoples photos on flickr but times been limited since september (final year at university) so I've not been commenting too much, will make an effort to though.

Back