Flickr Non Valid

ReD

Hall of Famer
Just tried loading up a collage image to Flickr - upload timed out on a 3.7MB file then I clicked on the image & a message came up "This does not look like a valid photo"

Duhh No .. it was a collage not a photo - but an image nevertheless.

If this was the case about 50% of my images would not be accepted.

Anyone else had problems?

I never have, but I've never tried to upload a collage either...

I have had the occasional really slow upload or image failed to load, but never for a stated reason other than they're stuff was running slow or badly. Usually doesn't last more than a few minutes though...

-Ray

Its nothing to do with collages I tried with a couple of straight photos & get the same
I guess its Sunday

Oh well, new Flick just s***s. Why fix something which isn't broken? I don't get it
Even is something isn't broken, adding improvements and making it better isn't a terrible idea. Flickr has added a number of features over the last few years. Some of them I've liked, some I haven't, but most of the ones I haven't they've continued to work on until I did. And overall I think the experience and the service has gotten better, at least for how I use it. Sure, every time you change something you risk making a mistake instead of an improvement, but that's a reason not to try to improve something? I don't see it that way...

-Ray

Yes, basically you're both right. And normally I'm early adaptor for almost everything. My comment rose from huge frustration of Flickr not working, again. I'm recently faced only but troubles with Flickr. When it's working it is doing its purpose and I admit the user experience of new features is developed. However, reliability hasn't been one of the features I recognized lately :(

Yes, basically you're both right. And normally I'm early adaptor for almost everything. My comment rose from huge frustration of Flickr not working, again. I'm recently faced only but troubles with Flickr. When it's working it is doing its purpose and I admit the user experience of new features is developed. However, reliability hasn't been one of the features I recognized lately :(

True, the reliability has taken a few shots here lately, but I honestly thought it could have been worse given the large scale changes that were made. With the amount of images and data they are throwing around, there are bound to be hiccups. So long as they don't go on for more than a few months....and we need to be diligent about reporting them.

I haven't noticed any more reliability issues lately than I have at any point along the way. Every now and then it'll choke on an image or two during an upload but it's EXTREMELY rare when I'm at home using my very high bandwidth connection. When I've been traveling or staying somewhere with a less known internet connection is when I've had the bulk of the problems. So maybe the problem isn't at Flickr's end? Or maybe it's a weakest link in the chain kind of thing and sometimes they're the weakest link and sometimes our setup might be? I don't know, but I've been fine in terms of reliability - I just occasionally don't like some new feature they've added, although that's usually just for as long as it takes for me to find the OTHER feature(s) they've added that makes the first "bad" one a non-issue.

-Ray

Back