Feedback Flickr / sharing / bb code

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Sep 9, 2011
Cumbria UK
Garry
For some unknown reason I can no longer access the bb code on my images.
It tells me to make the image public . It is !
I have made it private then public again . still no go. Anyone else seeing this happen ?
Thanks.

krugorg

All-Pro
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota USA
Kyle Krug
I just tried the bb code and it works fine, but a while back I opted out of the new photo experience and now I can't figure out how to enable. :rolleyes:

krugorg

All-Pro
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota USA
Kyle Krug
I just saw the following on another forum:

The HTML/BBCode is still there. The row of 5 icons at the bottom right of the pic? It's the middle one with the little box with an arrow going out of it. If you click it you will get the code. Hover over it with the cursor and it says "More ways to share".

Does that work?

krugorg

All-Pro
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota USA
Kyle Krug
Okay, I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to enable to the new experience (after opting out before) with no success. I guess I will be happy with the old experience until they force the change on everyone!

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I haven't been able to replace a photo for days. I was forced to opt in to the 'new experience' to replace a few photos with better post-processing.

Then I couldn't bloody get the damn embed codes, so I had to opt out in order to get back to the old design to get the codes.

Flickr needs to hire a quality control person to look after these things and react faster to simple bug fixes like these from users, especially long term Flickr users.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Nah you can get to the new experience but only when you access a photo, the link is pasted over the top of it, bottom left.

Its still in beta. There are bugs. I've gone back to the new old way until they get it sorted.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
OH. Let me check. I definitely didn't have it at all for a while... perhaps its gone again, for me, as well.

[edit] still there...

Are you all looking in the right place? You have to hit the little box with the arrow, and then after you do that, it (now) opens up a new box (a few days ago, it just integrated into the main sidebar, what they are doing now is just ugly) and you'll see three options, one of which is a pushpin. Use that.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom