Flickr to Ipernity (SC Group set-up)

Hmmm, OK, doesn't work with tapatalk. Sounds like that may be one of the things that really divides those of us who are OK with flickr and those who aren't. With a mobile device, flickr can cause problems - on my Mac, pretty much never. I don't try to look at photos much on my phone, but I do on the ipad and I couldn't get the scroll to work on that either - same experience as Nic's. Well, maybe I won't use it. Then again, if I ever do another big trip like Italy last summer where I'm posting photos most days, I might just keep them all in a set and just use the scroll feature and start at a different photo in the set each day...

Just another tool - probably helpful for some things, not others...

-Ray

Aside from the shortcomings it's a neat idea, if a little odd in that it allows you to scroll through a set or photostream WITHOUT having to click through into the actual flickr site. I also note that unless you mouseover the image there is no indication that you can keep clicking to see more images, so if you're just scrolling through a thread you could easily miss that functionality.

Does anyone have exoerience with the ipad app(s) for Ipernity? If so, which one do you recommend?
Thank you,
Peter

the app looks different after the recent update from today.

edit: for android, that is. and it's actually much better than it was before. just sucks that it doesn't rotate in landscape mode.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

ohhh.. now, i'm wondering if the guy on the plane i saw using it had some pre-released beta version. he did work for some imaging software company that i can't remember the name of, now.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

Just noticed that Flickr has fixed two of the things about the new layout that were annoying me

1. The list of groups and albums (formerly sets) that an image is part of that are displayed to the right are now listed as albums first and groups second rather than the other way around

2. The sharing function now "remembers" the last size and code that you chose (i.e. BB code, large) rather than returning back to the default each time.

what started out as a thread about the SC group at Ipernity seems to have become a multi-author blog about Flickr ... how peculiar!

what started out as a thread about the SC group at Ipernity seems to have become a multi-author blog about Flickr ... how peculiar!

Paul - it actually started as a Flickr complaint thread right after they made their new interface mandatory rather than optional. Then a few folks mentioned ipernity, a movement was borne, a few more people headed to ipernity, and the thread was renamed (maybe moved as well). Some of us, even those who gave ipernity a try, never left Flickr and are now noticing changes there, mostly for the better. So it started as a Flickr thread, mostly negative, and transitioned into a transition thread - Flickr to Ipernity. But now seems to be transitioning, at least partially, back to a Flickr thread, more positive this time. This actually is quite relevant to where it started though, if not what it transitioned into...

I've been on Flickr for a very long time, tried Ipernity, but am liking the new Flickr more and more as they fix little niggles. But there are one or two things I still prefer about Ipernity, so I'm glad for the exposure to it.

-Ray

Yes, the thread began talking about the negatives of the new flickr layout and how (if possible) to work around them, then became a wildly successful recruiting drive for ipernity which I believe led to it being renamed. It's original purpose has merely been...reclaimed :)

I've been on Flickr for a very long time, tried Ipernity, but am liking the new Flickr more and more as they fix little niggles. But there are one or two things I still prefer about Ipernity, so I'm glad for the exposure to it.

-Ray

Likewise. I'm beginning to wonder if I made the right decision to shift my focus (and pay for two years straight up) . I'm finding some things about ipernity annoying, but others I like. I suspect that ultimately, I'll be back to flickr before long, and writing off the dollars spent on ipernity.

Well this response from flickr "Further, we will never serve ads against Pro Members’ photos, whether the Flickr member is signed in or not. " seems to indicate that what is happening currently is an accident. I understand their need to make money and having advertising on free accounts. But the people who pay for the service, they should never see an ad, and ads should never be served on their photostream. Period.

If they don't sort this out pretty quick, it'll likely get ugly pretty quickly.

Back