Fuji Flickr Users: BBCode, not HTML code

I am finding it really frustrating that people are still posting HMTL code from Flickr. Amin has detailed the method in his post https://www.fujixspot.com/showthread.php?7-How-to-post-images-in-forum-threads and yet, people still seem to be unable or unwilling to do it (Thanks, Lili, for changing)

I suspect it just doesn't occur to many people to make that change (and yet, BBCode is selected by default, so some must be choosing to use HTML) because in a normal browser with the normal theme, nothing seems to be amiss.

But, let me tell you, your photographs look TERRIBLE in the small screen theme, and many of us are using it, because we don't want to have to scroll when we are on 10-13" screens. Or smaller. We are grateful to Amin for having these themes, and being able to view images properly would be icing on the cake.

PLEASE!

I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that Amin's suggestion is in one post, which many people haven't seen. I used to post all my images as HTML embedded and continued doing so for quite a while, since I'd never heard of the small screen theme (and still don't know what that refers to, since I use the app and/or Tapatalk to read the forums on my phone and tablet). The only reason I switched to BBCode was someone mentioned it obliquely in another thread on mu-43.com and on testing I discovered it allowed for better integration with the dedicated apps.

Anyway... I've seen at least a couple frustrated posts now from people that seem to feel like other users are using HTML embedding out of sheer obstinacy or a malicious desire to frustrate tablet users. I just wanted to reassure you that's most likely not the case ;) If you remain patient and take the time to let folks know about the issue when you run across it, I'm sure with a little time it'll sort itself out and most will switch over to BBCode embedding.

That link in the first post actually doesn't work for me. But I've been using BB from flickr anyway. I choose large or med - does that matter?

I'd never heard of the small screen theme (and still don't know what that refers to, since I use the app and/or Tapatalk to read the forums on my phone and tablet).

I'm not sure of that either. I'm just on a PC using Firefox.

No doubt - Only a small minority of members will read the thread I posted or this one. It isn't about willing or able - it's about being aware of the issue.

For a long time, Flickr didn't provide BBCode, which is why we allowed HTML (unlike most boards) in the first place. A lot of people just got used to using HTML.

No doubt - Only a small minority of members will read the thread I posted or this one. It isn't about willing or able - it's about being aware of the issue.

For a long time, Flickr didn't provide BBCode, which is why we allowed HTML (unlike most boards) in the first place. A lot of people just got used to using HTML.

Thanks for that explanation. I've only been with Flickr since BBCode was available, so I suspect that is a very likely reason for its continuation.

Anyway... I've seen at least a couple frustrated posts now from people that seem to feel like other users are using HTML embedding out of sheer obstinacy or a malicious desire to frustrate tablet users. I just wanted to reassure you that's most likely not the case ;) If you remain patient and take the time to let folks know about the issue when you run across it, I'm sure with a little time it'll sort itself out and most will switch over to BBCode embedding.

Those are wise words. Re-appraisal is a good way to control emotions. ;-)
Thanks to Kyteflyer's remark I became aware of the issue. I did not even know what BBcode was (I still don't)....and was not aware of a post by Amin. Unfortunately I cannot keep track of everything.

I use an iPhone, a Nokia 920 Windows 8 phone, a MacBook and an iPad. I've never noticed an image viewing problem when people post using HTML viewed from any of these devices.

No HTML code. Bad Karma! (Continuing on my "Karma-kick")

It's like that old guy going slow in the left lane with his blinker on - for 47 miles. (Reverse that for the Brits. ;) )

Would it be an idea to send a standard welcome mail/post to newcomers with links to "recommended-posts"? I would do it myself if I would have been more knowledgeable about the forum. But that's going to take some time (I also made the HTML mistake). If there is such info already, I have to admit that I missed it.

No HTML code. Bad Karma! (Continuing on my "Karma-kick")

It's like that old guy going slow in the left lane with his blinker on - for 47 miles. (Reverse that for the Brits. ;) )

Well, as a continental european I will not start about miles and gallons. :D

Would it be an idea to send a standard welcome mail/post to newcomers with links to "recommended-posts"? I would do it myself if I would have been more knowledgeable about the forum. But that's going to take some time (I also made the HTML mistake). If there is such info already, I have to admit that I missed it.

Good idea. I'll draft something up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry Bill, didn't realize that might have a negative connotation. So "Brit" can be a bit derisive, I take it? I certainly won't use it then.

Back