Flokati Abstracts

ReD, I would love to see how you are doing these.....they are very cool. Maybe a brief description or a few screenshots. If you don't hav the time or interet in doing so, I understand. But please keep this series going.

OK something I was intending to do

Screenshot - shows jpeg & raw / raf

Bottom left shows the basic arrangement - Camera (X10) set manual with about 1 sec exp & waved over objects - I tend to stop movement at intervals during exp

Its all guesswork - after that its selecting an image then playing with it in various settings (I use Picassa) until something appeals - then its fine tune & more playing. Crops can occur anytime.

The first one on impressionist thread was a collage of about 6 images then given the treatment.

First & Third above are fairly straightforward - no collages just treatment. Gull added as collage in second.

Yes just layering sometimes a crop beforehand - I don't have the tools for snipping outlines & cut + paste (or if I do I don't know how to use them)

yes it was cropped & also sky featureless but still added a haze in the collage - sometimes you can rescue after or pretreat the import to reduce effects
A lot of trial & error - always save the originals & work on copies

Back