Flower Macros 2011

HeatherTheVet

Top Veteran
Apr 23, 2011
Scotland
Heather
I agree, lovely stuff. Is there much cropping or is that pretty much how they were framed? I'll be attempting to emulate those next chance I get.

Great :)

summerkl

Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Kevin
Thanks Heather, I try for the most part to frame in-camera so that I don't have to crop out extraneous stuff. However, since I shoot in RAW, I wind up post processing everything so cropping is a routine part of my workflow so I can't honestly say which ones I've cropped. I look forward to your emulations :)

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Beautiful - even if that last one is making me feel as though fall is upon us. I really, really like the green leaves with the light, Kevin and those flower close-ups are incredibly intense! I believe your second of the flowers is my favorite, if I had to choose.:th_salute:

summerkl

Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Kevin
Thanks BB, the X100 suits you well plus I love that your shooting in color again ... well you know what I mean.

Handheld macro shooting has been a lot of fun with the 50mm focal length. I have toyed with the idea of a longer macro lens but I think I'd need to use a tripod which would make it too "serious" for me.

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
I know what you mean about the tripod being too serious, though I always admire Peter's ocean pool pictures where time stands still. I'm just trying to imagine you hiking with your tripod, clambering up and over those rocks... Or perhaps during your lunch hour at work, putting it over your shoulder and heading out...what would the staff say?! :wink:

Thanks about the "color again". I like it too.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom