Fly Tipping gone mad

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
This caravan was dumped in my street, thankfully gone now!
7941094F-886B-4971-BDFF-34106635D3AE.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

iPhone X
The van looks better in the photo than in real life, it was disgustingly filthy.

I have a slight problem with that idea, as I do not possess a driving license or consequently a vehicle to pull it with, bit of a drawback really!
Plus it has now been disposed of, to I know not where, hell I hope!!!

Straight over my head. Nothing for me to see here.
West Virginia and western Virginia are considered parts of Appalachia, a part of the US with historically rural and poor sections. Both of these areas have been hit pretty hard by the decline of the coal industry. Trailer homes are common in certain areas, and hence the connection to this thread. Of course, the ironic similarities between western Virginia and West Virginia and the secession of West Virginia from Virginia during the US civil war has lead to a long standing war of snarky comments, many involving trailer homes.

Last edited:
I always imagine West Virginia as looking a lot like the Forest of Dean, if anyone knows that.
I've seen images, and it was featured briefly in a Harry Potter movie. There is indeed a lot of similarity. We do have our urban areas, but they are considerably smaller than those in most other US states. The highway congestion around the capital city is often horrendous, however, and I am very much glad I am no longer making the 25 mile daily commute. I prefer to stick to enjoying our own hills and dales.

Back