Bugs Flyers and flowers

Iansky

All-Pro
Lovely weather so time to take a walk around the meadow and grab some images of the butterflies in the meadow and the flowers they go to as well as a few images of other flowers in the area.
I used the Fuji XT2 with the 50-140 and the results speak for themselves - a good, small, light and easy to carry combination.

DSCF3350-FrameShop.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF3352-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3362-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3370-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3371-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3376-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3391-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3398-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3404-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF3414-FrameShop.jpg

Thanks Mike, it was a perfect day for these type of photos - the yellow tip butterfly was a challenge to photograph and in the end I had to literally lie in wait on the ground and pre-focus on the flower waiting for the butterfly to land, they are are so quick and spend so little time on each flower that catching them is a challenge - still, a good photo opportunity and the weather was nice enough to make it a pleasant couple of hours.

Would never thing butterflies are that fuzzy! I always thought only the moths were. Great shots! I haven't seem many butterflies around here but I look out for them all the time.

Thanks Britanica, I have to say I have never really photographed many butterflies before so not studied them closely enough to notice how furry they are - I do know they are a lot faster than I imagined and a challenge to capture at times - still, just another photographic challenge to be enjoyed.

Thanks Britanica, I have to say I have never really photographed many butterflies before so not studied them closely enough to notice how furry they are - I do know they are a lot faster than I imagined and a challenge to capture at times - still, just another photographic challenge to be enjoyed.

Do you guys get humming birds? I once tried to get a decent shot of one with my phone and it looked like a blurred mess LOL! They are beautiful bird though. Not much bigger than a monarch butterfly.

Other than in a zoo definitely no hummers this side of the pond!

I had no idea they weren't over there at all. I don't see many these days but I do get to see a few this year. They come around because of the colorful wind chimes. I will have to try to get a picture if I can. Just have to have my camera ready for it!

Back