B56A299F-F50B-420F-AC83-BDB89B55909A.jpeg

38D374EF-AEF3-4431-B2C0-2D896E7CE02B.jpeg

85884239-7593-4505-826E-A5F758B95DF2.jpeg

NoSeconds

All-Pro
Real Name
Troy
Had a bit of a whoopsie today...

Took off at the beach and my vid feed was a bit glitchy but it cleared up, I put the controller into sports mode and took off towards a channel marker pylon on a natural rock groin. I made a course adjustment to be able to fly over the pylon and come back around to the beach over the rocks but the video feed glitched again for a few seconds.

When I realised it wasn’t responding I tried to gain altitude but the video feed came back on showing a massive banking turn in fast forward, just as the water came rushing up to meet the Spark...

I spent a few hours afterwards snorkelling around trying to find it and maybe salvage the battery and memory card but to no avail...

RIP little yellow drone...

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
I finally came across a series of images I took 10 years ago today right after daybreak, using the Nikon L5 and one of my model airplanes. We'd had a particularly dry stretch, and the previous day, a careless homeowner in a nearby subdivision had two piles of leaves burning in his back yard - with a 30-40 mph wind blowing directly toward 79 acres owned by our church, and where we would later build a new building. The results were predictable, and I went there the following morning to document the aftermath before the winds could begin to surge again. Remarkably, the forests recovered quickly from the damage, beginning to regrow within just a few months.

burn1.jpg

burn2.jpg

burn3.jpg

burn4.jpg

burn5.jpg

burn6.jpg

burn7.jpg

burn8.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom