Film Showcase Fomopan 200

Bobitybob

All-Pro
Name
Bob
Just to complete the list ....

CANON A1-1000118.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Canon A1, FD Macro 1:3.5/50

Nice shots Ben. How are you digitizing these?

I ask as I have a plethora of negatives and slides from the "good old days" that, now that I'm "retired" will be wanting to do something with.

Once upon a time I actually bought a Nikon CoolScan and managed to get it to work with an old WinXP box. But one day it threw an error that the innerwebs said was completely fatal.

It didn't hurt my head all that much as the thing was slower than molasses and I could feel my life wasting away watching the bloody thing.

I've got an Epson V550 that I got as a refurb from Epson, but the photo scan mode on it is slowish as well.

My primary plan is to use one of my Fuji's to capture the slides/negatives on top of a light table, but I've not even really started at working through those traps.

Thanks

I have the V550 as well, and found it pretty unsatisfactory for 35mm scans. It did better with larger items, such as Polaroids, and I've seen decent 120 scans. But for 35mm, I have found a dedicated 35mm scanner from the likes of Plustek or Pacific Image does much better.

Back