Food!

afkenner

Regular
Let's see some attractive or creatively arranged edibles.

Breakfast on a snowy day in NY (X100):

snowy_nemo_20130209-1698.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

snowy_nemo_20130209-1702.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yummy shots! I recently read an article that someone linked where restaurants are asking patrons not to take photos of their food and posting them (supposedly many of the smartphone photos were not very appealing and were offending the owners). If any of the photos here had been taken from a local restaurant, I'd definitely make plans to dine there (typing as as I drool...).

Where I live I think it is almost required by law to take photos of your food. Evidence maybe? Get sick, doc ask you "what was the last thing you ate" and you whip out your phone/camera and say "hold on, I've got a shot of it right here....."

I've always cooked a little, but as I've gotten older (and watched entirely too much Anthony Bourdain and other Food Network fare) I've gotten the itch to leanr more.

I've always been around women who made great biscuits from scratch, so I took the plunge, and I can now say "No More Canned Biscuits!" :

View attachment 1532View attachment 1533

Then cornbread. Now I'm working on perfecting my Pan de Campo, the old chuck wagon bread from the cattle drive days. What a hoot !

Attachments

• DSCF2967.jpg
    DSCF2967.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF2969.jpg
    DSCF2969.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 250
Back