For all of us dog lovers out there and here and to our best friends.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
I don't usually read the Style section of Sunday's NY Times...but I do admit to checking their "Modern Love" column most of the time. This time I'm especially glad I did.

I think any of us who have been lucky enough to have a best dog friend will find it worth reading: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/fashion/dog-anchors-man-facing-setbacks.html?smid=pl-share "Four-Legged Reason to Keep It Together" by Timothy Braun in the August 23rd edition.

WHEN I met the dog, he was sitting in a cage to my left as I entered a local animal shelter near the running path I frequent in downtown Austin, Texas. I had no intention to adopt a dog. I only stopped for a drink of cold water...
I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did.

S Noel

All-Pro
Oct 5, 2010
Casey County, KY (Liberty)
Stephen Noel
Dog-less

I am not a dog person. I won't let myself. Dogs seem to love me on sight. But after 45 years traveling (No pets). The thought of the loss of total liberty, is just too much to contemplate. I know that a pet can be a great comfort, to those that are lonesome. But how can I ever be lonesome, as long as Granny, Mam-ma, Babe, and the list of names goes on........, is around! :friends:

Great story!

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Yes, it is depressing and more so, Olli. We just have to keep fighting the good fight and doing our best to educate people to do the right thing by their pets.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom