for LP collectors

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
With my record store closed for the foreseeable future, I need to sell at least enough records to keep paying the utilities and rent at the shop. So I've created auction listings for a bunch of sealed LPs of various flavors. Mostly obscurities that have been sitting around the shop too long. The opening bids are well below wholesale. I just need to move some product. Shipping costs for people outside of the US will likely make overseas sales pointless. Even if you don't think you'll find something to buy, I hope it at least inspires some of you to listen to some samples online and maybe you'll find some new music to stream. For me, the joys of the record shop are the joys of discovering new sounds.....not going in to buy that track you know you like. Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Quite an eclectic range! I've got a couple of bids in. :)

I noticed a number of Caribbean offerings, anything in the shop not posted from the other side of the world, specifically mid-century Polynesian / Oceania or island specific (Hawaii, Tahiti, etc.)? 🗿

Quite an eclectic range! I've got a couple of bids in. :)

I noticed a number of Caribbean offerings, anything in the shop not posted from the other side of the world, specifically mid-century Polynesian / Oceania or island specific (Hawaii, Tahiti, etc.)? 🗿

Sorry, my friend. "I don't collect records" is what I generally tell people....because it would be terrible for business.....all the good records would go to my house.

But I do collect ANY (and all) Hawaiian records, Tahiti, too....but I rarely see any of those. My greatest score (not monetarily, but for scarcity and condition....in the middle of Wisconsin) was finding a set of 7 (!) binders (or albums) full of 78 rpm discs that were labeled "Hulas One", "Hulas Two", etc..... All minty late 40s and early 50s small label Hawaiian records. I almost lost my mind holding them.

I've digitized one albums' worth. I'd be happy to burn a CD for you....and when I do the rest, I can get those to you, too. I just haven't had the time.

I'll also share some photos of them when time permits, because they are sooooo cool looking.

Next time I'm in the shop, maybe I can shoot a short video of any Caribbean records I have. Not sure if you're into reggae....I have a fair amount.....because no one else near me really carries anything other than Bob Marley. Or would your interest just lie in musical forms pre-reggae?

Thanks for the CD offer. :) If it was just for my own personal listening I'd might have to take you up on that offer but the vinyl would've been for a new side project site I'm working on, a forum targeting fans of tiki pop, midcentury modern (MCM), and brutalism. It took me way to long to realize that I was not alone in my own eclectic tastes & styles! 🤣 Music wise I listen to almost anything but style wise in what I like to collect runs more towards atomic MCM.
Next time I'm in the shop, maybe I can shoot a short video of any Caribbean records I have.
YouTube. If you haven't already, create a channel and create some videos. You could tie it together by using vinyl you have in the shop and linking to the eBay listing for that record. :)

well....if you ever come visit Milwaukee, I recommend Vacation Rentals, Homes, Experiences & Places - Airbnb

My buddy Don bartends below this rental unit....Tiki Tuesdays there are amazing. He's been doing them for over 20 years (I think.....but honestly after all the run runners, I just can't recall anymore). I've been a fan of mid-century design before they had an abbreviation for it. So do let me know about this other side project site you're working on.

I like cool, old stuff.

80s alt for me. WHFS was the DC station of the 80s that played it- long gone.

Nikki knows most songs that I listened to from "You-Tube-Poops", parodies.
No one has the nerve to YTP Moev's Rotting Geraniums. I've convinced her that the Rad Trolls will be playing Moev.

Back