Classifieds For Sale: 46mm Contax MC UV Filter and Hoya HMC 4X ND filter | Location: NC | Ships: CONUS

Classifieds Type: For Sale

Price $15, including shipping and PayPal Fees

Item 46mm Contax MC UV Filter and Hoya HMC 4X ND filter

My Location: West of Charlotte, NC

Pictures: See below

Description:
Apologies if you've seen this (cough) elsewhere, and if you notice it being resurrected. Turns out I don't need it after all. Explanation below.

I picked this UV filter up and hope someone else can use it. I don't have any silver lenses, but I thought that perhaps a black filter on a silver lens might clash with some shooter's sensibilities, especially if it isn't hidden under the lens hood. So, maybe someone can use this on their small-filter-diameter M4/3 or Pana lens.

Labeled Contax, so I would expect that the underlying optical glass is high grade. Has a nice multicoated surface. Haven't tested it for smudge resistance or hydrophobic nature, but it cleans up very easily. Knurled front edge for grip; engraved markings. Comes in original case. No scratches or marks. Few signs of wear on the threads.

Look at the picture of it against the E-M5 body. It's not exactly the same color silver; it tends to the warm side, or a little titanium-ish. Don't know that it'd show much, probably not as much as a black filter would. Price includes PayPal fee and USPS shipping in the CONUS.

These are going for $25+ on the e**y. I'd just rather sell it here and have someone enjoy it.

Here's the wrinkle: Most filters' outside diameters are roughly the same as the lens barrel onto which they fit. I went to use this on a vintage Takumar with 46mm threads, and the filter rim is a slight step up in diameter, so the metal Pentax cap won't fit over it. A pinch-style cap would work fine. What I don't know is whether that step would interfere with a factory reversible hood. A screw on hood should work fine.

Ping me with any questions.

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method: USPS, probably First Class Parcel

Shipping charge: FREE

Handling time: Usually two days or less, depending on where the weekend falls; with my current work schedule, it could be the Friday or Saturday after a purchase.

References: "ektar" here and on Mu43, "dilligafdon" on eBay, MXLX on PentaxForums

Additional comments: Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Attachments

• ContaxFilter_1A.jpg
    ContaxFilter_1A.jpg
    870.4 KB · Views: 3,375
  • ContaxFilter_2A.jpg
    ContaxFilter_2A.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 52
  • ContaxFilter_3A.jpg
    ContaxFilter_3A.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ContaxFilter_4A.jpg
    ContaxFilter_4A.jpg