Completed For Sale: Fuji 60mm f/2.4 XF macro lens $155 "as is" - with issues | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiro

Serious Compacts For Life
What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Fuji 60mm f/2.4 XF macro lens $155 $125 "as is" - with issues

What are your prices?

$155 $125 Free-ish

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

USA

Description

This has been my favorite lens in my Fuji kit. Very sharp without being clinical to my eyes, and better focusing speed than I expected based on many comments I've read.

Please note, the aperture ring on this lens is faulty. It does not properly control aperture setting. If control wheel on camera is used with lens set at 2.4 it functions fine and aperture is properly controlled. It also behaves oddly when trying to manually focus.

The body of the lens shows some mileage. It has no "dings", just paint loss/scuff. The glass looks good.

I'm considering this an "as is" sale because I don't know what is wrong with the lens It might function forever with this issue and be fine; it might get worse over time. I'm selling because I am getting out Fuji.

Includes hood and front & rear caps.

Feel free to make an offer. Not sure how to value this, as it still provides great IQ but clearly has issues.

US only please. I cover shipping and PP fees.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

-0-

Handling time

1 business day

References

Lots on mu-43 under same username

Additional comments

Not open to trade offers, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attachments

• 60-4_resize.jpg
    60-4_resize.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 60-5_resize.jpg
    60-5_resize.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 60-7_resize_1.jpg
    60-7_resize_1.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 60-8_resize_1.jpg
    60-8_resize_1.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 60-6_resize.jpg
    60-6_resize.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you getting out of Fuji? And do you have other lenses to sell? Thanks Scott

Too many cameras; trying to simplify. The only other lens I have left is a black 50-230 ver1 in near new condition. If you are interested in either or both let me know and I'll try to give you a good deal. Thanks.

Can you describe "behaving oddly" when manually focusing a little more?

Good question. I was lazy in my description! I can't recommend the lens if you plan to use manual focus. If you set it at f/2.4, 2.8, or 3.5 it changes to f/4. Not sure why. Seems to focus fine, but the aperture control is definitely an issue.

Thanks.

Good question. I was lazy in my description! I can't recommend the lens if you plan to use manual focus. If you set it at f/2.4, 2.8, or 3.5 it changes to f/4. Not sure why. Seems to focus fine, but the aperture control is definitely an issue.

Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it!

Here is the offer. If you are interested in this lens, and you are at least a somewhat seasoned vet on this forum or one of Amin's other watering holes, I will send it to you for your evaluation. I'm asking that you at least pay for shipping, and whatever else you deem the lens to be worth on top of that. No argument or questions asked. I think the lens is still very usable and will help make some great photos if used properly (AP; set to 2.4; adjust aperture on camera).

So, you risk shipping cost, upside is you get a very capable lens for cheap.

Why am I doing this? I'm a helluva nice guy. Not really; just ask my wife. We are moving. Downsizing. I am without a Fuji body for a while now, and keeping this lens is soon going to make me buy another camera. So, I'm actually saving money by selling it for a song or even giving it away.

If you are interested please shoot me a PM. Don't reply in thread. Recipient will be chosen based on timing of response and history on Amin's forums. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back