Completed For Sale: Voigtlander Bessa-T Olive Heliar 101 Years Special Edition, LTM 35mm f2.5 Color Skopar, 35mm Bright Line Finder, Extras | Location: USA | Sh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Andrew
Classifieds Type For Sale

Price $800 USD

Item Voigtlander Bessa-T Olive Heliar 101 Years Special Edition, LTM 35mm f2.5 Color Skopar, 35mm Bright Line Finder, Extras

My Location USA

Picture
File(s) attached

Description
I have to lead off this listing by saying that the kit you see in the picture is one of my favorite cameras I've ever experienced using. It has come time to part with it purely because the full-frame digital experiment in the form of the Pentax K1 is such a success. I've decided that the Leica M mount is a system for another time.

The Voigtlander Bessa-T is a very interesting camera. It's an early 2000s (which is to say, the final stage of 35mm film cameras being the mainstream) take on the Barnack Leica models. The optics built into the body are purely a 1.5x rangefinder, the brightest/clearest/easiest rangefinder I've ever used, in fact. Alignment is perfect. The body is quite small but not tiny, a very comfortable size for a lightweight and compact rangefinder camera, lighter than a Leica by quite a bit. It's plastic, but has a very nice smooth finish and feels sturdy. And, of course, being the 101 Heliar special edition, it's a wonderful olive green. The special edition also has more metal fittings than the regular Bessa-T model, so the dials which would be plastic on the lower model are nicely-machined aluminum on this one. Everything has a super nice mechanical positivity about operation. Nothing is loose-feeling or sloppy. This body is in about the nicest condition you'll find for a camera that's actually been shot with, and I suspect when I bought it about 2.5 years ago it had only been handled a few times and shot maybe once. It's in wonderful shape.

The Heliar edition of course came originally with the collapsible Heliar 3.5/50, and a tiny metal viewfinder (which was hard to see framelines through). I replaced that setup with the LTM version of the Color Skopar 35mm f2.5 (with an M adapter which fits perfectly and places infinity focus in the right spot, I went through a couple adapters before hitting on this one), and the bigger plastic-body Voigtlander 35mm viewfinder, which has a very large view and is very easy to look through. The Skopar lens needs no introduction, you can look around on the web for a description if you don't know about it. It renders neutral, pleasing images with great sharpness and colors. Some people say the LTM version is better suited for film than digital - I wouldn't know. I do think the fit and finish on the LTM model is a little better than the newest version of the lens; I've heard of looseness in some of the fittings on those, and when I handled a similar 1.4/40 in a shop the focus ring was a little too stiff. Everything about this version is excellent. There could be a bit of tiny dust; I really can't tell and can never see any with the naked eye, but the photos included seem to show up a little, so there you have it.

Condition of everything is excellent. The viewfinder is the only part of this kit to have noticeable marks, you can see there is a bit of what looks to me almost like dried glue on top, as well as a bit of scuff/dent in the plastic, purely cosmetic.

Included are three Tiffen filters, the original nylon strap (unused), lens hood and cap, along with the two boxes (one presentation style, one outer) which make up the original packaging.

This is considerably cheaper than the value of all the parts of this kit if I separated them, but I wanted to give the camera a chance to find a good home before taking it to different seller sites. If any of the components of the kit are really on your shortlist, you could message me about it, but I'd really prefer to sell the kit.

Thanks for looking!

Payment Methods Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)

Shipping Locations USA

Shipping Methods USPS Priority

Shipping Charge $20

Handling Time 1-2 days

References eBay @agentlossing, Mu-43.com profile agentlossing

Additional Specifications PRICE IS FIRM- Not open to offers below listed price

I have read and agree to the Cameraderie Classifieds Buy and Sell rules. Yes

_R006222.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1658603346556.jpeg
_R006224.JPG
_R006225.JPG
_R006226.JPG
_R006227.JPG
_R006228.JPG
_R006229.JPG
_R006231.JPG
_R006234.JPG
_R006235.JPG
_R006237.JPG

_R006238.JPG
_R006239.JPG
_R006240.JPG
_R006241.JPG
_R006242.JPG
_R006243.JPG
_R006244.JPG

_R006249.JPG

_R006245.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back