Completed For Sale: Voigtlander Heliar 101 Special Edition 50mm f3.5 M-mount Lens | Location: USA | Ships: World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Andrew
Classifieds Type For Sale

Price $500 $480

Item Voigtlander Heliar 101 Special Edition 50mm f3.5 M-mount Lens

My Location USA

Picture
File(s) attached

Description
I recently acquired a Voigtlander Bessa T 101 Year Edition with the 50mm f3.5 lens famed for its sharpness. This is a collapsible Leica M mount lens (I believe it is determined to be safe for most or all M mount cameras to collapse it - do a bit of research if you're worried about your own body) and is NOT the currently sold Voigtlander version - which is black and silver and has a conical shape. This is silver-finished, has the look of classic Elmars and other similar screw mount lenses of yore, but is optically much better. Said to be perhaps the sharpest 50mm lens there is. Sadly, 50mm just isn't for me, much as I'd like to keep it in the hopes of sticking it on a digital Leica body in the far future, it would be more for fanciness than getting a lot of real use out of it.

Condition of the lens is superb. Optics are as clean and clear as a whistle. Many of the examples of this lens found online have dust or haze, this has none of that. Functions super smoothly, nice clicky aperture. Nowhere on the outer silver finish can I find any scratches or scuffing. The tube is polished, very shiny, and on that you can see a little scuffing from the action of moving the lens from its collapsed to extended positions, but this is very minor and clearly not due to bumping or rough handling, just the fact that mirror-polished metal doesn't remain mirror-y forever.

There is a single scratch on the surface of the metal lens cap, which disrupts the smooth silver finish a tiny bit, but doesn't reach into the metal, just the finish.

I describe this lens with this much detail because it's a really beautiful object to hold and use. Personally I feel it is much better looking than the newest version of the Heliar classic, and collapses into a very small size. Only 2000 ever made. Includes lens, screw on metal hood and metal cap that fits over the hood.

Payment Methods Regular PayPal (seller fee included in price)

Shipping Locations World

Shipping Methods USPS Priority

Shipping Charge Will arrange if overseas, free in US

Handling Time 1-2 Days

References Mu-43, eBay @agentlossing

Additional Specifications PRICE IS FIRM- Not open to offers below listed price

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes
R0000380.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional photos.
R0000377.JPG
R0000378.JPG
R0000379.JPG
R0000381.JPG
R0000382.JPG
R0000383.JPG
R0000384.JPG
R0000385.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back