Single In For the keen and relentless: Single in July 2020

I might be in - will think about it and give an answer with gear selection tomorrow. The covid never really dropped here, it's been on a slow increase from the beginning, and they're starting to lock things up again. Not sure I can do 30 days of faffing about the apartment (again) and consistently get anything interesting.

EDIT - What the heck. In. Good or bad. Fuji X-H1, Voigtlander Ultron Vintage Line 35/2 ASPH.

Last edited:
I just want to make sure I'm clear on how all this works; SiJ replaces the Day to Day entries we've been doing, but with tighter guidelines for shooting?
No, no replacement - SiJy on top of "Day to Day". No reservations about using the same image for both challenges, though. You certainly don't need to maintain separate collections of images (but see below ...).

SiJy is meant for those who explicitly called for the full set of rules, "Day to Day" for everyone just interested in keeping shooting without any other obligations. I think for those who actually prefer "Singe in" challenges, SiJy is the way to go - as I said, double posting isn't prohibited, and SiJy certainly fulfills what little demands "Day to Day" sets ...

I myself *will* do two separate sets a day - the summer holidays are coming up, I don't feel like travelling, so two (or more) outings a day is what I'll do instead, sometimes on foot, sometimes on the bike ...

M.

Tomorrow is already July! Crikey, where did the year go??? OK, Iā€™m in but I may miss some days. I confess I do find it difficult to maintain daily shooting.
You don't even need to *intend* to shoot that little Ricoh - just carry it :) I found the GR in hand to always contract a couple of files, almost without me noticing ;)

M.

This is sort of embarrassing, but I have two of my chosen camera. It's actually an E-P2, but that's just an E-P1 with an accessory port to use an electronic EVF, which I don't have. ( You'll notice that the E-P2 hot shoe is on a little bit of a bump to accommodate the accessory port.) I even have another O17 2.8, but this one is black. šŸ¤“ This may come in handy if I forget the E-P1 at home one day. Or maybe some two-fisted shooting.
IMG_2474.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm in with the now classic combination of the X-Pro2/35mm 1.4. And I'm not saying this will happen. But, if I find myself in the local camera store after my friend comes to buy my Jeep next week. I could possibly switch bodies :D

Also, if you miss a day, someone drives to your house and smacks you. šŸ˜±
This could work out great as we are doing some hard training. And could use some bodies to rotate into the sparring rounds šŸ¤£

You know what, sod it, Iā€™m in. Itā€™s not like my diary is so full I canā€™t take a few photos every day. I was also in a heck of a tetchy mood the other day. I blame Random Grumpiness Syndrome.
So, I shall be trying out a new camera (GX9) with an old friend (12-32). My personal challenge will be to limit the number of flower photos I submit. (I know promising no flowers is just unrealistic!).

I'm in. As a farewell to Olympus, I'll use the "Pancake Lens E-P1 Kit". It came with the pancake 17 2.8, the E-P1, and the VF-1 optical finder. This is definitely out of my comfort zone. A 12 MP sensor and a wide angle lens. On the other hand, the E-P1 is very shiny. šŸ˜³

Weā€™re gonna party like itā€™s 2009!!!

I just took delivery of an E-P1. It had an IS-1 error flash so I returned it.
Shiny, nice and pretty good images from 2009.
I was bummed but I used that energy to find a nice E-P5.

Which I will attempt for this challenge. With the 17mm F1.8.

I just took delivery of an E-P1. It had an IS-1 error flash so I returned it.
Shiny, nice and pretty good images from 2009.
I was bummed but I used that energy to find a nice E-P5.

Which I will attempt for this challenge. With the 17mm F1.8.
Mine does that. I don't use the IS in the E-P1 so it has no effect although the flashing symbol is annoying. The two axes IBIS doesn't do all that much, and it can actually make things worst if it reacts to the shutter shock. Of course, the E-P5 is a much better camera.

Last edited:
@drd1135
I thought about keeping it. Like you said, IBIS is better turned off.
I feel like it was a kinda lucky fate.
Sent me to the EP5 and three Andrew Jacksons more was a good price for the performance upgrade.
It has some of the E-P1's charm but not all.

Looking forward to your images.

I've left it to the bitter end before making a decision. I did try this afternoon to take a few pictures but my solo lock down has left me bereft of enthusiasm for anything really. I can't see myself producing anything worth looking at nor can I see myself lasting the course, so I'll be sitting this one out I guess. I've still not even ventured the two miles into the nearest town and I've already exhausted much of what the parish has to offer photographically. The next one in January, mid winter, also looks to be too much of a struggle the way I feel at the moment. Good luck everyone.

Barrie

Back