News For the Pentax fans

I'd have loved to have gone FF Pentax and saved in preparation for the original K1, but ended up going Nikon due to the cheaper and more available selection of quality used lenses as well as cheaper used bodies.

I'm a fan of my new Pentax. Not the K1 but the K70.
Larger than mirrorless but smaller than large.
And the lovely little limiteds.
Love the limiteds myself. I am going to have to figure out which of the current crop are lighter than my K5, I want to be using it but I only have to do it for 20 minutes and I end up with days of wrist aching. K200 seems OK, but its shutter/mirror slap is so LOUD. Is the K70 quiet?

I've tried to like DSLRs, and the HD DA 20-40 that I rented was an excellent lens. I once gave serious consideration to getting a K70 just so I could get that lens, but the X-T20 I recently purchased gives me top notch IQ at 1/2 the size. I started this thread because I got the e-mail from a camera store I'd patronized, and thought some of you might be interested. I'm firmly in the Fuji camp.

Love the limiteds myself. I am going to have to figure out which of the current crop are lighter than my K5, I want to be using it but I only have to do it for 20 minutes and I end up with days of wrist aching. K200 seems OK, but its shutter/mirror slap is so LOUD. Is the K70 quiet?

No unfortunately.
It doesn't bother me but I've read others complain about it.

I think my K-70 and limiteds feel comparable in weight and size to my last two mirrorless systems. A7ii(Voigtlanders and TAP) and X-E2s(16, 23, 56 and 90). The bodies are smaller but the lenses larger.

I did lose a lot of dof control(and was afraid that the slow limiteds wouldn't cut it) but honestly I think my images look better now with more in focus. ( :

Last edited:

Hi, Sue. The KP is a tick lighter than the K-5 but it's only a 5% difference:

Compare camera dimensions side by side

Back