For the same price, two totally different options?

Also, how big is the size and weight difference between the two systems?

Size difference is actually very small, the Fuji having a more boxy shape while the Oly is taller with the prism and the viewfinder sticks out more. But the Fuji body is actually a little lighter thought I believe most of the primes you'll be looking at will be noticeably heavier

Camera Size Compare

Size difference is actually very small, the Fuji having a more boxy shape while the Oly is taller with the prism and the viewfinder sticks out more. But the Fuji body is actually a little lighter thought I believe most of the primes you'll be looking at will be noticeably heavier

Camera Size Compare

I would agree....calling one of these bigger than another is a bit misleading....they are roughly the same size, and I wouldn't call either one of them pocketable, but if you have a pocket big enough for one of them......the other would likely fit as well (depending on the lens). I think you may be to the point where you've narrowed it down to 2 and you need to compare them in person.

I was talking about size and weight difference between the whole systems...
Like the Fuji 23 vs Oly 17, Fuji 56 vs Oly 45 and 75, Fuji 16-55 2.8 vs Oly 12-40 2.8 and so on...
I fear the fuji as a system, will be much like a DSLR, ending up staying at home due to size, weight, bags needed, pouches... and such...

Cheers!

Thank you all for your replies!

I am now 99% decided and might pull the trigger tomorrow.

My choice is neither.

If everything goes well, I am going to get a Sony RX1.

Both the Fuji and the Oly are great cameras without a doubt, but they are also systems...

And if I know myself enough, if I get either one of them, I am going to end up wantig more lenses, some primes, a good zoom and before I know it, I am going to need a dedicated bag to carry it all, going to be switching lenses instead of enjoying my trips and walks and end up spending a ton of money on a system that is going to end up sitting on the shelf most of the time in the long run...

So, in the name of simplicity, I am going to get the RX1, with it's superb combo of the FF sensor and Zeiss 35mm lens.

Keep it simple with an almost pockatble camera with stellar IQ that doesn't get in the way.

I have been living for the past one and a half year with just my iPhone as my picture taking device, so the single focal lenght will not probably be limiting and the IQ will be second to none.

Hope I don't end up regreting it.

Cheers!

Back