Fuji fotodiox lens adapter nikon to fuji

pniev

Student for life
Just wanted to let anyone interested know that the Fotodiox lens adapter works well with nikon lenses and fuji x-pro1. Mounting/removing works smoothly. I tried it with a Nikon 70-210 4-5/6 lens (which performed impressive on the Nikon D800E). The focus peaking function is really helpful for focusing. Using the EVF too because it gives some stability. I used it with preset aperture and shutter-speed and auto ISO.
The only thing that went wrong was that I forgot to set the "shoot without lens" setting to "on" (and almost forgot to turn it off again ;-)

Peter

I have a Kiwi adapter. I usually use mine in aperture priority and let the shutter/ISO float but that can be a problem in low light. Will be a lot better when the new auto ISO firrmware comes out.

Or you can tell the software that the manual lens you have on is a certain focal length and force the auto ISO to pick a higher shutter speed. That works with the current setup to shoot in A mode.

Or you can tell the software that the manual lens you have on is a certain focal length and force the auto ISO to pick a higher shutter speed. That works with the current setup to shoot in A mode.

Wouldn't it be nice if that was true. Sadly, is isn't, but it has been and still is on my list of firmware improvements.

Of course, it's not much of an issue with the new Auto-ISO, but it still is with respect to minimum shutter speeds in flash modes. Those are formula-based, too, but it doesn't take the adapter FL setting into account.

Wouldn't it be nice if that was true. Sadly, is isn't, but it has been and still is on my list of firmware improvements.

Of course, it's not much of an issue with the new Auto-ISO, but it still is with respect to minimum shutter speeds in flash modes. Those are formula-based, too, but it doesn't take the adapter FL setting into account.

Wow -- I could swear I was shooting like that with a 105mm Pre-AI Nikon and it worked fine. I'll have to try that again tonight and check that.

Back