Micro 4/3 Foul weather camera -- first light

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Thanks to the kindness of one of the denizens here, I am now in possession of a camera that will be my go-to rig when the snow flies, the rain falls, the sleet drives, etc. It is an Olympus OMD E-M1 original edition, fitted with the Olympus 14-150 MkII. This gives me 28-300 e, extending to 600 if I punch the button for 2X digital zoom.

Here are shots from today's weather:

EM1 First snow 004.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

EM1 First snow 003.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers, Jock

We have denizens on here? Sheesh! World has truly gone to the dogs.

Anyway, nice rig. It is really nice to not have to worry about the camera at all. Another plus I have found is that you can operate it with gloves on. The controls are really excellent.

Good grief, denizens? Didn't think I'd have to deal with those until heaven!

We have denizens on here? Sheesh! World has truly gone to the dogs.
Not only that, but they wear denim. Whoda thunkit? It sounds like the name of a band: the Denim Denizens . . . not sure what musical space they occupy, though.

Anyway, nice rig. It is really nice to not have to worry about the camera at all. Another plus I have found is that you can operate it with gloves on. The controls are really excellent.

I agree. I really like the handgrip; as the sports car mags used to say: "the controls fall readily to hand," and it small, compared to my Sony RX10 Mk IV.

Cheers, Jock

Congrats on your new acquisition! It's close to a dream setup for a rugged long zoom for me :) happily surprised to hear it is smaller than the RX10 iv, I never bothered to compare them at camerasize.com.

Back