Fuji Four X mount lenses coming

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
We know the 50mm f1 will be out this year. But, it was announced at the Fuji Summit that 4 new lenses are coming in the next 12 months. Any guesses what the other three may be?

With the high expectations for the XT4 and the upcoming Olympics, I’d expect some longer fast glass.

Would really like to see one of them be a 35mm 1.4 with the same optics, but update AF like the Fujicrons. Adding WR would be nice as well.

I don’t really have anything on a wish list for lenses. Updating the original lenses would be good. Although I sometimes think the 16mm 2.8 is there in place of updating the 18mm and 14mm. And the 56 will most likely not be updated due to the 50mm f1 coming this year.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 50-140 f4. Given how popular the 70-200 f4 is with Canikon.

I'll stick my neck out and make some predictions:
1. an updated 18mm XF WR
2. A redesigned 1.4x teleconverter that works with more lenses (not sure this will count as a lens per se)
3. A 50-200 f4 (I completely agree with Bobby on this one)
4. A 90mm f2.8-3.5 XC, to offer a cheaper long prime (I would be all over this for travel purposes).

Well, I have no dog in this hunt, as I presently have no X-mount camera, but it always seemed to me that the 18mm f2 was a prime candidate for refreshing and adding WR. Way back when I had an X-T20 and 18mm f2, that combination gave me some excellent images.

Don't have a Fuji body so therefore no reason to buy that 50mm F1 - but I am going to go to the store and have a look. Not often you get a lens like that which is AF. There are no crap Fuji lenses either, so it's going to be good, possibly outstanding. An "Art" lens if ever there was one.

Well, I have no dog in this hunt, as I presently have no X-mount camera, but it always seemed to me that the 18mm f2 was a prime candidate for refreshing and adding WR. Way back when I had an X-T20 and 18mm f2, that combination gave me some excellent images.
I agree about the 18 being a great candidate for a version 2. My gut feeling, which granted is only 100% right about food, is that Fuji won’t update it yet for a couple of reasons. The main reason being that Fuji still needs to fill out their lens lineup to attract more people. More long primes, 50-140, tilt shifts, etc. The second reason is I think Fuji is using the 16mm 2.8 to fill in the gap for an updated 18mm and 14mm.

Don't have a Fuji body so therefore no reason to buy that 50mm F1 - but I am going to go to the store and have a look. Not often you get a lens like that which is AF. There are no crap Fuji lenses either, so it's going to be good, possibly outstanding. An "Art" lens if ever there was one.
50mm(actual not effective) is seeming to be my sweet spot focal length on crop sensors. The 50 f1 could very easily become my working lens with the 50 f2 becoming my personal/walk around lens.

As for my $0.02 - updated 23/1.4 and 56/1.2 with WR, and a 300/4 that works exceptionally well with 1.4x and 2x TCs.

Of course, other suggestions like the 200/4, 135 prime, 70-300, etc... would be potentials for me as well.

Back