Fuji Free copy of Skylum 3 for Fujifilm Lens owners!

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
Skylum is giving away copies of Skylum 3 to Fuji users. You have to enter the serial number from a lens to qualify. It did not take the serial number from my 23mm 1.4 for some reason. But the 35mm serial number went through, so it does work.

Nice! The list below is from the Skylum page with the details but, really, if I had any Fuji lens I think it'd be worth trying to see if takes the serial number.

If you have purchased a qualifying FUJIFILM lens from the list below between May 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019, you are eligible for a free copy of Luminar 3. Learn more and enter your serial number at skylum.com/fujifilm

Qualifying XF, XC, and MK Lenses

Compact Series

XF16mmF2.8
XF23mmF2
XF27mmF2.8
XF35mmF2
XF50mmF2
XF18mmF2

Compact Zoom
XF10-24mmF4
XF18-55mm
XF55-200mm
XF18-135mm

Pro Series Primes
XF14mmF2.8
XF16mmF1.4
XF23mmF1.4
XF35mmF1.4
XF56mmF1.2
XF56mmF1.2 APD
XF90mmF2

Pro Series Zooms
XF8-16mmF2.8
XF16-55mmF2.8
XF50-140mmF2.8

Macro
80mmF2.8
60mmF2.4

Portable Zooms
XC15-45mm
XC16-50mm
XC50-230mm

Cine
MKX18-55MMT2.9
MKX50-135MMT2.9

Super Tele
XF100-400mmF4.5-5.
200mmF2​

Some interesting readng for those thinking about Luminar. It seems to get very high marks but there is, unsurprisingly, a learning curve.

Sometimes I find for stuff like this, it doesn't hurt to use a smartphone browser. You run less of a chance picking up hitch-hikers (i.e., malware, bad scripts, viruses) because of the OS. And I don't run scripting controls like I do on the full PC, so whatever badly written script needs to kick off to get me to the right screen/pop-up works without damaging my system.

I already have a copy, otherwise I'd be all over this. It does have a learning curve, but a lot of it is PS-based. If you've used an Adobe product of some kind in the past, it all works roughly the same. The tutorials online are pretty useful, albeit obviously their sample images used to exemplify whatever techniques they're teaching are already beautiful in their own right. :)

Luke - check out Bobby's experience though. Used S/N was accepted, so whatever's on the back-end seems spotty.

I wasn't paying much attention since it doesn't apply to me. I'm not sure how they would know when the lens was purchased anyway. It doesn't look like they are asking for proof of purchase or a dated receipt.

I would imagine they'll get it sorted out and whoever needs a copy will get it.

Based on some other promos, Skylum is pretty lenient with their validation and in some cases trust in the 'honor system'.
I tried to be in the "honor system". But they weren't working with it. The lens I used just happened to be the other one in the bag. For whatever reason it was accepted. I don't know when the 35mm I have was originally purchased.

Back