• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!
  • Please consider helping to support Cameraderie by buying from one of our affiliates!

Free Franzis HDR Projects Professional 4.

bilzmale

Super Moderator Emeritus
Jul 17, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
This is available for a week from the link below. I own and use V 5 Pro. It will blend exposure brackets or a single file. It is German software and English support is basic but it is reasonably intuitive to use even if you just rely on the presets.

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
I signed up for the download, got the download, and then they want you to fill out a rather detailed information page to get the registration code that actually activates the product. That's when I bailed.

Perhaps others will not find that filling out that level of information is intrusive, but I did.

Cheers, Jock

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
Additional: after I abandoned the process, I found that a "free software notifier" had been installed on my computer. I removed it, scan a malware scan and found 7 questionable items that might be of concern, so I quarantined them.

I suspect that these incidents are not the result of the company that built the HDR software but of the company that they partnered with to promote the free version . . . but that is just a guess on my part.

Cheers, Jock

bilzmale

Super Moderator Emeritus
Jul 17, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Jock I can understand your frustration. This is the freebie site, not Franzis itself as you sussed out. You can choose not to download their notifier, but I guess there is still no 'free lunch'. :frown:

I amuse myself by downloading a lot of free software, 98% of which I uninstall. I use good uninstall software which cleans up the registry and program folders.

Latest threads

Top Bottom