Free Franzis HDR Projects Professional 4.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
This is available for a week from the link below. I own and use V 5 Pro. It will blend exposure brackets or a single file. It is German software and English support is basic but it is reasonably intuitive to use even if you just rely on the presets.

I signed up for the download, got the download, and then they want you to fill out a rather detailed information page to get the registration code that actually activates the product. That's when I bailed.

Perhaps others will not find that filling out that level of information is intrusive, but I did.

Cheers, Jock

Additional: after I abandoned the process, I found that a "free software notifier" had been installed on my computer. I removed it, scan a malware scan and found 7 questionable items that might be of concern, so I quarantined them.

I suspect that these incidents are not the result of the company that built the HDR software but of the company that they partnered with to promote the free version . . . but that is just a guess on my part.

Cheers, Jock

Jock I can understand your frustration. This is the freebie site, not Franzis itself as you sussed out. You can choose not to download their notifier, but I guess there is still no 'free lunch'. :(

I amuse myself by downloading a lot of free software, 98% of which I uninstall. I use good uninstall software which cleans up the registry and program folders.

Back