Free range, and proud.

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Look, I know that personally I don't work in a big corporate office these days and I have every sympathy for those that do, but look at this...

Screenshot_20200201-084938-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's real, not a spoof.

They are actually selling Tupperware containers for people.

I can think of nothing - truly nothing, more misery-making than climbing into a glass-walled podule to try to work, perched on a bar stool with just a shelf for company.

I bet it's sized for the "average" road warrior too. I'm 6'3". I'd look like a packed lunch for a powerlifter in one of those.

Is this what we have come to?

Free range forever!

My wife came home from work yesterday and complained about how she hates office work (in her job, she is "out in the field" 75% of the time....and "in the office" 25% of the time). What she hates MOST about it is that no one else seems very focused on doing any work and because the office is fairly open, she can not get any work done.

While I understand Bill's complaint, I'd bet she would love one of these for when she needs to work in the office. And the way I dislike most people that I meet, I reckon if my job were similar, I'd prefer to be locked up with myself than to suffer conversation with utter fools.

This is very true - I am often annoyed by how much the office conversations distract me from getting work (or, ah, personal projects :whistle: ) accomplished.
I actually had my own office for quite a long time before I retired. While I still had to interact with co-workers frequently, I was still insulated from most workplace chatter.

On a side note, I find it grating that many people in doctors' or hospitals' waiting rooms feel the need to share their entire medical history with complete strangers, usually in the loudest voice possible. If the room is large enough, I always try to find the seat farthest from other people.

Back