Leica French Quarter, New Orleans

tmldds

Regular
I was there last 3 days for a convention.

Attachments

• Chartres street new web.jpg
    Chartres street new web.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 315
A Post Card Photo

This one wasn't taken with a Leica camera, but with a competitor of its day. I took it with a Canon P, a rangefinder meant to compete with Leica. It's a nice camera that uses LTM lenses. I used Kodak Portra 160VC film for this photo. The scene and the coloring has that classic postcard look I remember from when I was a boy.

russelljtdyer-jackson-square-20091018-leicaplace.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is Jackson Square, in the French Quarter of New Orleans. That's a statue of Andrew Jackson. The church in the background is St. Louis Cathedral.

My first post here. Really like this forum and wanted to contribute. I've posted this photo elsewhere so please feel free to remove it if I've violated any rules.

Summaron f2.8 and M240. French Quarter cottage in late afternoon sunlight.

Attachments

• SummaronCottageL1001576.jpg
    SummaronCottageL1001576.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
I hope that it is OK to post images that were taken with cameras other than Leica.
Else, I will delete these posted images.

Here, I set the TLR lens to aperture 16 so that with the slow film there would be some blur for the moving man with his cart, while the scene overall stayed sharp.

Rolleiflex 2.8D (Planar) with AGFA 25 120 film.

5454905-lg.jpg

5454910-lg.jpg

I once had an article on night photography in New Orleans published in Shutterbug.

Relaxing to Blues in the street.

3750962-lg.jpg

I had the slow Fujichrome 50 still in my camera, so I placed the camera (as a tripod) on one of these street posts to block cars from entering Bourbon Street after 8pm.

3646494-lg.jpg

Sorry for this outburst, but I have so many images that I have from the French Quarter over the past many years. Many were taken with an Nikon F2 with Nikkor 105/2.5 and also with a Canon F1N with 50/1.2.

Back