Animals Frog Thread

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
Must be loads of frogs about (and Toads)

here's a couple from today - not sure what they are - frogs or toads - must be a European pool frog (Pelophylax lessonae) or Common (edible) water frog (Pelophylax kl. esculentus)

Post your frog and toad images

frog_1.jpg

frog_2.jpg

Pulled up some patio slabs once to reveal toads that had grown into the shape of the cavity they lived in. Talk about deformed ! I suppose they just sat there and waited for food to come to them. They looked healthy enough but just not toad shaped ! They never would have been able to move about again so I'm afraid I had to dispatch them !

Pulled up some patio slabs once to reveal toads that had grown into the shape of the cavity they lived in. Talk about deformed ! I suppose they just sat there and waited for food to come to them. They looked healthy enough but just not toad shaped ! They never would have been able to move about again so I'm afraid I had to dispatch them !

remember I'm in France and they never waste a good frog - well not the legs anyway

Is that the same frog or three different frogses?

Whatever, its a damn good frog. or they are damn good frogs.

Paul. it's two different frogs, #2 and #3 are the same one ........ apparently frogs in France are difficult to identify as most are a cross between pool and marsh frogs ...... which apparently are of the edible variety

These two were "sunbathing" which allowed me to get some good shots

SW France - this morning - Common Toad, Crapaud Commun in France

Not sure how long it will last as I found it in the swimming pool skimmers that are full of Chlorine

apparently Toads are Frogs, (Frog family), but amongst many differences Frogs have teeth, Toads do not??

A group of frogs is called an army, while a group of toads is called a knot

toad_Fr.jpg

Back