Fuji From Car Show

The 17th annual British Car Festival hosted by the Delaware Valley Classic MG (DVCMG) club was held at a new venue this year. The small (40-50 car) show moved from Pennypacker Mills in Schwenksville to Skippack Village. The September 24th date brought very pleasant Fall weather instead of the withering heat of July-August! There was a great collection of interesting cars.

P1010432.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Of course, MG was well represented. There were a couple of TC's including this pristine 1949...
P1010441.JPG

...a collection of TD's (this one a 1950)...
P1010435.JPG

...and three TF's including this beautiful 1955 TF-1500.
P1010449.JPG

But there was lots more to see with favorites including Triumph and Jaguar well represented. There were even pieces for the British "culture vulture" to drool over such as this 1923 Pemdleton Brooklands proudly sporting its brutish BMW opposed twin engine and aircraft-like polished aluminum body.
P1010470.JPG

A great old show in a fine new location improved by its new Fall date!

Last edited:
The 2023 car season is in full swing. Yesterday (Saturday 6/3/23) I went to the Cars & Motorcycles of England show at the Hope Lodge in Fort Washington, PA. The weather cooperated - it was overcast and rain was threatened but never came. There was a wonderful collection of British Cars and Motorcycles present including some rarely presented classics. My favorite was the 1939 Lea-Francis Corsica roadster, a sensuous and seldom seen beauty.

P1010676 LoRes.jpg

P1010684 LoRes.jpg

To see more photos of this lovely machine and to read about an unexpected confluence of events, click here >>> Car Coincidence <<< to read my PDF.

Last edited:
The Huntington Beach Concours d'Elegance took place today. They should be handing out awards in just a few minutes. I came home to grab some lunch. The sun stayed away today whereas yesterday it was out, sorta, for the Hot Rods & Customs portion of the show. I'll post some pics if people are interested over the next week or so.
Here's a taste of what was there today.
DSC06179 (2).JPG
DSC06178 (2).JPG

DSC06192 (2).JPG

The 2023 car season is in full swing. Yesterday (Saturday 6/3/23) I went to the Cars & Motorcycles of England show at the Hope Lodge in Fort Washington, PA. The weather cooperated - it was overcast and rain was threatened but never came. There was a wonderful collection of British Cars and Motorcycles present including some rarely presented classics. My favorite was the 1939 Lea-Francis Corsica roadster, a sensuous and seldom seen beauty.

View attachment 392004

View attachment 392005

To see more photos of this lovely machine and to read about an unexpected confluence of events, click here >>> Car Coincidence <<< to read my PDF.
In my Lea-Francis Corsica roadster post (above) I mentioned an unusual Morgan parked next to it. The Morgan +4+ was an attempt to give the very traditional builder a modern offering; it was a complete business failure. Morgan buyers loved their wood and hammered metal anachronisms; they rejected the very modern looking experiment. This Morgan is not only unusual in shape and fiberglass and steel construction, it is extremely rare. Only 26 Morgan +4+ coupes (and no roadsters) were built in 1964.

P1010670 LoRes.jpg

P1010671 LoRes.jpg

P1010669 LoRes.jpg

Last edited:
This year's Cars & Motorcycles of England (CMoE) had a lot of TR series Triumphs.
P1010654 LoRes.jpg

One of the most interesting was a race-prepared TR2 with a unique finish.
P1010655 LoRes.jpg

I presume the gleaming body was fabricated in stainless steel. But by whom?
P1010658 LoRes.jpg

It was impossible to photgraph this beauty without capturing your reflected image!
P1010657 LoRes.jpg

Thank goodness for the overcast sky that kept reflected glare to a minimum!
P1010659 LoRes.jpg

Last edited:
This year's Cars & Motorcycles of England (CMoE) presented an impressive display of Jaguar automobiles...
LoRes.JPG

including this lovely 1938 SS...
P1010646.jpg P1010647.jpg P1010645 LoRes.jpg

an assortment of sportscars from XK120 to XKE and a full collection of Mark series sedans and coupes powered by engines with 6, 8 and 12 cylinders...
P1010633.jpg P1010660.jpg P1010667.jpg

and even some all-out racing machines!
P1010653.jpg P1010652.jpg P1010649.jpg P1010651.jpg

Last edited:
Back