Micro 4/3 From Fuji to M43

Well I’ve still got the Olympus 👍🏻. Every time I try to tell myself I did the wrong thing changing from Fuji XT2, just holding the EM5 for a while and I know I’m happier. I do have a tendency to change systems a lot. The only ones remaining are Nikon DSLR, Pentax DSLR and anything Leica.
The EM5 is simply the best build quality camera I have ever owned. And that’s above the fantastic Olympus E1 and the original Canon Eos 1.
I know some have had issues with evf burn and strap lugs ? But all this I found out before hand.
The EM5 is quite old and is still big bucks. I know I could have bought a Sony FF and half decent lens for the same price.
My A7r was nice enough but I always went in my bag with the slightest hint of precipitation.
I live in a rainy place, I don’t want to miss good shots because I’m scared to get my gear out.
Think I’ll just get it out and hold it for a while before I start work ! Oh err !

Well I’ve still got the Olympus 👍🏻. Every time I try to tell myself I did the wrong thing changing from Fuji XT2, just holding the EM5 for a while and I know I’m happier. I do have a tendency to change systems a lot. The only ones remaining are Nikon DSLR, Pentax DSLR and anything Leica.
The EM5 is simply the best build quality camera I have ever owned. And that’s above the fantastic Olympus E1 and the original Canon Eos 1.
I know some have had issues with evf burn and strap lugs ? But all this I found out before hand.
The EM5 is quite old and is still big bucks. I know I could have bought a Sony FF and half decent lens for the same price.
My A7r was nice enough but I always went in my bag with the slightest hint of precipitation.
I live in a rainy place, I don’t want to miss good shots because I’m scared to get my gear out.
Think I’ll just get it out and hold it for a while before I start work ! Oh err !
If you like Leica stuff get the PanLeica 25mm f/1.4, great lens.

.....And a Sigma 56mm. Really like this one, especially on the MFT crop.
Another great lens, one of my current favorites.

Very nice photo's.
I'm still hoping that Oly will come with a Pen-F mark2. I still have the 45mm, nice and small and the PanaLeica 25mm . . . . (and of course my Pen E-P2 with that beautiful viewfinder. Must try that combination again).

Very nice photo's.
I'm still hoping that Oly will come with a Pen-F mark2. I still have the 45mm, nice and small and the PanaLeica 25mm . . . . (and of course my Pen E-P2 with that beautiful viewfinder. Must try that combination again).
I wouldn't mind a simplified Pen F or more pedestrian version at a reasonable price. Not sure if I would reverse course and sell off my X-E3, but I'd probably think about it.

I wouldn't mind a simplified Pen F or more pedestrian version at a reasonable price. Not sure if I would reverse course and sell off my X-E3, but I'd probably think about it.

Funny...I'm actually looking the opposite direction. The X-E3 doesn't have IBIS....but the on sensor PDAF was a bigger want for me than stabilization since I can get some in lens if need be.

If Oly puts out a PEN-F with a PDAF capable sensor, they have an almost complete package IQ wise.

Funny...I'm actually looking the opposite direction. The X-E3 doesn't have IBIS....but the on sensor PDAF was a bigger want for me than stabilization since I can get some in lens if need be.

If Oly puts out a PEN-F with a PDAF capable sensor, they have an almost complete package IQ wise.
For me it's about:
25% PDAF
25% IBIS
25% shooting experience
25% image quality

Before getting the X-E3 I had the GX85. When I compared the X-E3 to GX85 and Pen F; PDAF vs IBIS cancel each other out with the Fuji and Oly. The Pan IBIS isn't bad, but the Oly is better; so PDAF on the X-E3 won over IBIS on the GX85. Shooting experience is definitely a win for Fuji compared to the GX85 and Pen F for me, it's why the percentage for experience is the same as the other factors. The Fuji also wins on image quality against the GX85. It's not that the image quality is bad on the GX85, I just preferred it out of my X70 and E-M1 mkII more. The image quality is pretty close between the X-E3 and E-M1 mkII with Fuji taking a slight edge.

So a Pen F with PDAF would be worth a look for me.

Yeah, it sounds to me like Olympus needs to release a new E-M5 and a new PEN-F this year. And both need to have the PDAF sensor from the E-M1 mk2.

I'd think a lot is riding on these 2 new releases.
Olympus went the "professional and big" way before (with four thirds) and that wasn't exactly a home run :)

Back