From The Cummer Gallery of Art

Djarum

All-Pro
Name
Jason
These are from the inside of the Cummer Gallery of Art in Jacksonville, Fl. I think it belongs here because I like the interior architechtual designs along with the art. Originally I was told I wasn't allowed to shoot inside. I was later told I was as long as it wasn't for commercial use. They also have an outdoor gardens which I took a ton of pictures of because photography was permited.

Its just taking me a while to get through them.

CC is always welcome.

cummer1.JPG

cummer2.JPG

cummer3.JPG

I think the last one is my favorite.

Dj

Dave,

I do have a few pics of the more historical pieces that I can post. I didn't take many as there was an issue whether I could or not. I went with my girlfriend who is more into art than I. I am more into photography and they only had one exhibit with photography.

Jason

Jason, I can see why you were drawn to photograph at this gallery. There is such great lighting and the design of the exhibition space is beautiful...very serene..and contemplative. I like the continual repetition of the squares and rectangles. Very nice images.

Awesome. I'll be outside of Jacksonville this summer for a vacation. Always looking for a brief escape from the family (and on the lookout for art).

BB,

Art galleries can be fun places to take photos. I also have about 300 shots taken at their gardens. I just haven't gone though them. But yes, I really like the lines. I also like the contrast in the last photo.

Andrew,

This is their link: The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens Jacksonville FL

The Museum lies in the downtown/riverside area of Jacksonville. I went as a kid. It was nice to go back as an adult. Most of the art is more historical art. Some really nice pieces. The two galleries I posted were dedicated to photography. The second picture actually is a gallery where they keep modern art which rotates out I'm sure. This gallery in particular had the works of Carol Betsch. All black and white and done in medium format I believe. They are photos of various estates across the country.

Back