Feedback Front Page Nominations

I think it's a good idea, over at mu43 we have had this for a few years and while I may not like everything on the front-page all the time, it doesn't hurt to be introduced to some nice works that otherwise I may not have seen.

And besides, it's not a competition.

Nope. I just don't think this is a good idea. There are a bazillion excellent photos on this site and which is more deserving than any other? I'm not going to make that kind of judgement. Its something the mods should do. IMO of course.
Sue, while I can see that POV, the idea is for community members to have their voices heard in regards what images really caught their attention in the forums. If the only criteria was excellent photos that deserve to be highlighted then I think 99.999% of the items posted here at Cameraderie would be featured! ;) (The 0.001% being excluded would be anything I post because, let's face it, my skills are still at the "Monkey taking selfie!" level. 😆) I'm sure that there are images & pics being posted that others find of interest & would like to see attention brought to them that myself and the other volunteers on the Mods team might not even be seeing.

Plus, from a technical geek perspective, the front page that was being used before our last major update only allowed for a single image to be 'featured' from a thread and if that image was in the first post of the thread. The current version of the front page allows us to use any attached image from any post within a thread and multiple images from within the same thread can be featured as well. That really comes in handy for some of the bigger threads that could have hundreds of replies to it over several years because instead of just being 'featured' once now we can include multiple image attachments from that same thread that was posted last year and/or from a reply that is posted today. It's a good way of helping to revive some discussions.
I think it's a good idea, over at mu43 we have had this for a few years and while I may not like everything on the front-page all the time, it doesn't hurt to be introduced to some nice works that otherwise I may not have seen.
That sums up perfectly why getting member feedback is important; it allows for different perspectives to be included. As the showcase & galleries threads demonstrate there is a huge volume of topics & subjects available to photographers and the more people that give their feedback means that a greater diversity of images can included.
And besides, it's not a competition.
Exactly. :)

Just putting this out there.... the current crop of images on the front page is looking mighty nice on mobile devices using the 'Really Dark' style. :D

Really Dark may end up being our new default theme instead of current blue & white theme.

Back