Fuji Fuji 14mm F2.8

Nope...Toooo damn expensive!!! It's well over £700 here in the UK and even after staff discount it would still be way too expensive for a lens that I would only use on the very odd occasion. I'm sure it will be superb though and if you like real wide then it may be worth it. I'd rather go for a Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 and adapter.

I won't get it....I don't do wide often enough to justify it. I'd bet money that Ray is getting it unless he loves Oly 12mm enough.

I'd be more likely to cheap out and get the Samyang/Rokinon/Bowers 8mm fisheye and just de-fish the shots.

I won't get it....I don't do wide often enough to justify it. I'd bet money that Ray is getting it unless he loves Oly 12mm enough.
I want a kickback from any bets you collect on. The only thing I'm sure of is I'm gonna check it out one way or another. Probably buy it from Amazon or B&H and figure out whether it fits or not. I'm a wide angle junkie so it would be foolishness not to give it a shot. But I'm not at all sure whether it'll be for me or not. 28 seems to be my sweet spot. I like 24 well enough in m43 but m43 isn't as wide as APS. I also like ultra wide, stuff in the 14-18 range, but for a whole lot less of my shooting. I'm just far from sure whether I'll find a place for a 21mm as a regular part of my arsenal. I may absolutely love it. I may find it to be stuck in no-man's land between every-day wide and ultra wide. How it works with the OVF will be part of my calculation. The only experience I've had with this focal length was a 21mm adapter for the GRD3. I hated it but I don't have any idea if I hated the focal length - I just hated what that relatively massive lens did to everything I loved about the handling and feel of the GRD3. I think I had it about two days before I returned it - I never gave the focal length a chance. So I will try this lens but I honestly don't have an idea if it'll be a keeper or not.

But a lot rides on it for me. If I like it, I'm in with the X-Pro system for a good long while. I'll also probably add the 23mm (35 equivalent) when it comes out later this year. I would also probably sell the 35mm I bought originally because I use it so little - probably depends on what I could get for it. I'm not interested in the 56 or 60 or any of the longer options - I'm pretty down with m43 for portrait length and longer stuff and I don't use it all that often. But if I DON'T like the 14mm, I may very well sell my whole X-Pro setup (which is pretty minimal at the moment - body and two lenses) and get the X100s along with the 28mm adapter - if the 28mm adapter for the X100 had come out before the X-Pro, I might never have bought the X-Pro. That would give me the basic Fuji experience with an OVF I like more, faster AF (which future iterations of the X-Pro might or might not ever match with the current lenses), at the 28 and 35mm focal lengths that are all I'd probably end up with for the X-Pro if I don't keep the 14mm. I liked the X100 more than the X-Pro in some ways, but definitely not in others. Everything I liked is still in the X100s and what I didn't appears to be fixed to X-Pro levels or well beyond in the X100s. Fuji has always been a secondary system in one sense for me (although I use it a lot) and the X100s with two of my favorite walk around focal lengths with the X-Trans at f2.0 might just be all I want from it.

So, yeah, I'll give the 14 a good hard look. Beyond that, I don't have a clue...

-Ray

Looks like it is shaping up to be very nice.

I may get it down the road, but right now am happy with the 18, and more looking forward to the 23 and 56. I never say never, but right now it's wider than I need.

Well.....I was going to pass on it. Was.... I have a feeler out to a person who has bought some of my Nikon gear to see if they are interested in my24-70 F2.8. If I can sell that I'm going to buy it.

Well.....I was going to pass on it. Was.... I have a feeler out to a person who has bought some of my Nikon gear to see if they are interested in my24-70 F2.8. If I can sell that I'm going to buy it.

Ahh. You have a source of funds for the new toy!

If you get it you'll likely have to get a few more dogs to fill that frame. :)

Look forward to seeing the results. Reports I have read so far are very positive.

If you get it you'll likely have to get a few more dogs to fill that frame. :).

Don't do that too me. I just found out last night about an almost 2 year old Great Pyrennees named Rory who needs a home. A friend sent me her picture. She is so cute (and big). I have a Honda Fit so I'm not sure how that would work out since the other dogs already have all the seating taken. Trust me, if I wasn't still trying to figure that part out I would have been making arrangements to drive to Dallas to get her.....

I need an intervention or a bigger car. :)

Don't do that too me. I just found out last night about an almost 2 year old Great Pyrennees named Rory who needs a home. A friend sent me her picture. She is so cute (and big). I have a Honda Fit so I'm not sure how that would work out since the other dogs already have all the seating taken. Trust me, if I wasn't still trying to figure that part out I would have been making arrangements to drive to Dallas to get her.....

I need an intervention or a bigger car. :)

Well, so here's the problem. I dare any reasonable person to resist a Pyrenees called Rory. And she will most definitely require the 14. Take some nice shots of Dallas while you are there.
:D

Nope, I'd rather have 35, 56, and maybe 23. But truly, I could probably spend my whole life shooting with a 50mm equivalent and be perfectly happy with it (though the three lenses cited above would be my Holy Trinity)

Well, so here's the problem. I dare any reasonable person to resist a Pyrenees called Rory. And she will most definitely require the 14. Take some nice shots of Dallas while you are there.
:D

She is really beautiful. But I think I may have found a home for her. I sent out an email to a lot of my former dog walking buddies from Dallas. One them is very interested and going to meet her tomorrow. My lucky day and hopefully Rory's too!

Back