• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Fuji Showcase Fuji 56mm f/1.2 R

Mikey

Veteran
May 15, 2013
Louisville, KY
XF56mmF1.2 R Samples

Lemme be the first to start this thread. Got this lens this afternoon. My first thought after taking this lens out of the box that it was hefty -- short but with a wide diameter and heavier than it looks. It's a beautiful lens. I can't believe this lens costs under a grand.

Here's one of the first few test shots taken with my X-E2 and built-in flash...

Will need to put this lens thru further testing tomorrow in better light. Also, I need a reflector. :p

Mikey

Veteran
May 15, 2013
Louisville, KY
Apparently there are now two threads, started about 10 minutes apart from each other! What is it they say? - great minds think alike.
Oh crud! Apologies to markitos who apparently beat me to it. I leave it up to the admins to consolidate the threads as they see fit.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Mikey

Veteran
May 15, 2013
Louisville, KY
Awesome shots! I especially like 1 and 4.

My apologies if I started a similar 56/1.2 image thread -- I didn't realize you had already posted it. I haven't put mine to work just yet. I was going to go out today but realized I forgot to charge all my 3 batteries. :p

Jman13

Regular
Mar 7, 2013
Columbus, OH
Here are some:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jloden

All-Pro
Jun 30, 2012
Taz,

Saw it today for the second time and had to post to say I think that's my favorite shot of yours I've seen :2thumbs:

Really love the background choice and post-processing... particularly the contrast, sharpness, and color and the way it makes her eyes and lips really pop. Nice work!

Shot wide open with the X-T1

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Taz,

Saw it today for the second time and had to post to say I think that's my favorite shot of yours I've seen :2thumbs:

Really love the background choice and post-processing... particularly the contrast, sharpness, and color and the way it makes her eyes and lips really pop. Nice work!
Thanks for the kind words! :D
1st time I got to test out the background and I think it goes well with the model!

Latest threads

Top Bottom