Fuji Showcase Fuji 56mm f/1.2 R

XF56mmF1.2 R Samples

Lemme be the first to start this thread. Got this lens this afternoon. My first thought after taking this lens out of the box that it was hefty -- short but with a wide diameter and heavier than it looks. It's a beautiful lens. I can't believe this lens costs under a grand.

Here's one of the first few test shots taken with my X-E2 and built-in flash...

DSCF5747-L.jpg

Will need to put this lens thru further testing tomorrow in better light. Also, I need a reflector. :p

Apparently there are now two threads, started about 10 minutes apart from each other! What is it they say? - great minds think alike.

Oh crud! Apologies to markitos who apparently beat me to it. I leave it up to the admins to consolidate the threads as they see fit.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Awesome shots! I especially like 1 and 4.

My apologies if I started a similar 56/1.2 image thread -- I didn't realize you had already posted it. I haven't put mine to work just yet. I was going to go out today but realized I forgot to charge all my 3 batteries. :p

Taz,

Saw it today for the second time and had to post to say I think that's my favorite shot of yours I've seen :2thumbs:

Really love the background choice and post-processing... particularly the contrast, sharpness, and color and the way it makes her eyes and lips really pop. Nice work!

Shot wide open with the X-T1

13502430413_a4f74fe580_b.jpg

Taz,

Saw it today for the second time and had to post to say I think that's my favorite shot of yours I've seen :2thumbs:

Really love the background choice and post-processing... particularly the contrast, sharpness, and color and the way it makes her eyes and lips really pop. Nice work!

Thanks for the kind words! :D
1st time I got to test out the background and I think it goes well with the model!

Back