Fuji Fuji announcements

X-H1 might make me happy as a stills guy. Had the X-T1, liked it a lot, but trying to hold that thing for extended shooting became an exercise in hand pain. Too small, controls just a bit too small and closely placed. I have the same issue with the X-E2S and X100F - used for occasional photos, but cannot use either for lengthy periods of time.

The X-H1 looks to be big enough to resolve those issues. If so, Fuji will have all I need to finally have a one system solution. I'm tired of having small systems from three manufacturers. (Pentax, Canon, and Fuji.) Going all Fuji will cut down the amount of gear significantly.

The X-H1 combined with those cinema lenses are going to make a lot of videographers very happy.

Agreed about the X-H1. I've closely watched this camera as the images and specs have been leaked over the past few weeks. But, after this formal announcement, I have pulled the trigger on an X-T2. I prefer the smaller form factor and video is just not that important to me. I sold my X-T1 and X-T20, of course.

Different preferences and needs all around. I prefer smaller form factors as well, and the X-T1 and X-T20 suit me fine. The X-H1 will likely be well beyond my pocketbook, anyway. However, we all benefit if Fuji succeeds with these products.

I just got an e-mail announcing "special introductory" package prices with the X-H1 and XF 16-55, 50-140, or 100-400. Packages are $2,950, $3,350, and $3,650, respectively. Valid through 4-28-18 while supplies last.

I think the ibis is already small enough for the XT line. I’ve read that the extra size of the H1 is for the top lcd. And just to be a little larger for ergonomics.

Back