Fuji Fuji Announces XF 10-24mm f/4 Zoom Lens

Amin

Hall of Famer
11436635315_7bbe29a782_o.jpg

Fuji has announced the XF 10-24mm f/4 zoom, which features a constant f/4 aperture, optical image stabilization, and fast/quiet autofocus. This lens is nearly 25% heavier than the 18-55 zoom and has a filter size of 72mm, so not very light or compact but likely to be an excellent performer.

It is 3 ounces heavier than the 18-55mm, and a .5 inch longer. Doesn't seem like a significant size difference to complain about. Compare the Nikon 18-55 with their 10-24 and I'm sure there is a very similar difference, which no one complains about.

It could be in my future, but I have the Zeiss 12mm at the moment and it's so very good I may have more difficulty than usual giving into my GAS, lol. Also waiting to see how that Samyang 10mm turns out when they release it in X-mount.

It could be in my future, but I have the Zeiss 12mm at the moment and it's so very good I may have more difficulty than usual giving into my GAS, lol. Also waiting to see how that Samyang 10mm turns out when they release it in X-mount.

Never realised what a wideangle junkie you were, John :p

For my part, I'm currently happy with the 14mm, but the reason I got it was because the 10-24mm wasn't out and I didn't know when it would be out. So far the 14mm is a great lens (what little I've had time to use it) and I'll be reading people's opinions about the 10-24mm in March to decide whether to make the swap or not.

Reading your brief review of the Zeiss Touit 12mm, which costs $1,250, I wonder what you think of the $999 price tag for the 10-24mm. On the Fuji Rumors blog there has been a lot of complaining that it's much too expensive.

Back