Fuji Confirms Mirrorless Plans and Announces Pricing and Availability for X10

Amin

Hall of Famer
Fuji has announced that they will be launching a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera in the Spring of 2012. Details are lacking, but Fuji's president and CEO Shigetaka Komori said it will feature "resolution and low noise [that] will surpass the 35mm full size sensor" (source: DPReview).

Meanwhile, the Fuji Guys (guys who tweet on behalf of Fuji) made it explicit that the new system from Fuji would not be part of the Micro 4/3 system:

6218559917_b143cd1296_o.png

Source: Fuji Guys on Twitter via 1001 Noisy Cameras

In other news, Fuji announced pricing ($599.95 MSRP) and availability (early November) for the Fuji X10 "premium small sensor compact".

The X10 is already available for pre-order at Amazon and Adorama. Direct links to pre-order:

The above links contain our affiliate code. Your price is unaffected, and a referral fee (2-4% of your purchase) is paid to us by the retailer. Please note: For us to get credit for the referral, you must click our link prior to placing any items in your "shopping cart". Thanks for supporting SeriousCompacts.com!

[Thanks wolfie]

Oh God, it is going to be X100 fever all over. Those are mighty big words Komori San is dropping and if true, this could finally be the Contax G2 reborn.

I'm going to try and not get caught up in the hype but my 5D is already looking at me with alternating accusatory and worried expressions.

I had a look at the X10 sample here Fujifilm X10 - sample images - Lenstip.com
And to be brutaly homest I was expecting better particularly with regards to colour render. Take a close look at image 'fujX10_fot36' that red is flatter than I would have expected from the Fuji sensor. To their credit Fuji certainly seem to have the detail and noise issues under control. I am excited by the prospect of next springs crop of new offerings... Darn, I was getting quite serious about replacing my EP-2, there are some really good EP-3 two lens offers in Oz at the present.

Looking forward to the unveilings of both RAW X10 files for download and for more details on the interchangeable lens camera they're bringing out.

The X10 appeals to me, at present, due to its controls which I love on my X100. It has the potential to give me more than what my LX5 gave me in a more straightforward manner. I'm not pre-ordering, however I remain extremely interested.

Back