Fuji Fuji gear is tough

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
Spent time today shooting in tropical storm conditions with the X-Pro2, 16-55, and 50-140. They took a good beating from wind, rain, and sand. And came out like a champ. Proving to be as tough as my old Canon 1D series bodies and L lenses.

20170911_183913.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20170911_182845.jpg

Even though my Fuji gear is "WR", I'd still instinctively refrain from exposing it to the elements. But you didn't - well done! It's good for us all to see. If you could post what you shot that would be even better.

Even though my Fuji gear is "WR", I'd still instinctively refrain from exposing it to the elements. But you didn't - well done! It's good for us all to see. If you could post what you shot that would be even better.

When I get home I will be able to go through them and post some images. I never carry laptops on family trips. But to give you an idea, I am in South Carolina. Irma hit the area I am in as a tropical storm. Here I was shooting the ocean and peir. First from about thigh deep in the water. Then from a walkway on a tripod trying long exposures.

Thank you. It passed all the way through overnight. I would love to shoot more of it. But I'm sure the normal citizenry and my family are glad it's gone. It's a beautiful sunny day.

I'll start sorting through my images from the trip tomorrow. But this will give an idea of what I was getting into for the images of the lenses in the original post. I was a little more than knee deep in the ocean. This image was before the actual storm hit causing the wind and rain to really stir things up. Which lead to the great testing of the gear. I was out with a X-Pro2/16-55/50-140 and a Think Tank City Walker bag.

_PRO5511-L.jpg

Back