Fuji Fuji GS Flash Bracket

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
By using this set up + ND filter, I was able to get this extreme shot.
I purposely shot directly into the sun, just so I could test out the set up.

Only PP I did was add a ColorChrome filter (similar to Kodak's Kodachrome) in Perfect Effects.

Rena by Taz Spin, on Flickr

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
And.. I should have ordered the Fuji EF-42 flash unit or the Olympus version, so I can use it with my Micro Four Thirds cameras too.
But the Metz website had Nikon/Fuji listed together so I got this unit instead, because I needed more power + faster refresh rate than my Olympus flash unit. (The Olympus unit works well in manual mode)

Metz 44 by Taz Spin, on Flickr

& with the GS Bracket

Metz Flash by Taz Spin, on Flickr

Metz Flash by Taz Spin, on Flickr

Hopefully I'll be able to shoot with this set up this weekend, when I head to downtown Chicago!

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Although, nobody on this forum seems to care about the GS bracket, I did get to shoot with the set up with the Metz Flash.

Here's an example & I'm pretty pleased with the light quality ;)

Amy by Taz Spin, on Flickr

pniev

Student for life
May 13, 2013
I just saw your posts on this. Interestng setup.
The results look fabulous!
Thanks for the info too. It helps me broaden the horizon wrt flash solutions for the x-pro. The ef-20 is nice but not enough.
Peter

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
I just saw your posts on this. Interestng setup.
The results look fabulous!
Thanks for the info too. It helps me broaden the horizon wrt flash solutions for the x-pro. The ef-20 is nice but not enough.
Peter
Thank you! With the bracket, you can use any kind of flash unit! I've attached my Olympus & Nissin flashes for Micro Four Thirds and they all fire perfectly!

dacalac

Veteran
May 1, 2013
Every Taz post = G.A.S. :p

I have never really tried working with flash but I have been intrigued about working with the EF-X20 unit.

bobbywise

Regular
Jun 2, 2012
Nantes, France
Robert Wisbey
This bracket looks awesome -- shame I can't find any on ebay ! Where did you get the bracket from ?

I have the Fuji EF-X20 for my Fuji x cameras. However, I'd like to use this Fuji EF-X20 with a non fuji camera (olympus 35 SP/UC, some of the old olympus Pens, and the olympus Pen FT). The fact I could go manual down to 1/64 is great for me (fill flashing with wide aperture). However will the Fuji EF-X20 work on these old film cameras in manual mode without frying anything (itself or the camera) ?

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
This bracket looks awesome -- shame I can't find any on ebay ! Where did you get the bracket from ?

I have the Fuji EF-X20 for my Fuji x cameras. However, I'd like to use this Fuji EF-X20 with a non fuji camera (olympus 35 SP/UC, some of the old olympus Pens, and the olympus Pen FT). The fact I could go manual down to 1/64 is great for me (fill flashing with wide aperture). However will the Fuji EF-X20 work on these old film cameras in manual mode without frying anything (itself or the camera) ?
I got my bracket from ebay, but seems like all the listing on ebay are gone now..

As for using the Fuji flash on other camera bodies not sure. I brought my EF-X20 here to NY with my Flashwave triggers, and the triggers do not fire with the EF-X20, so it might not work with other camera bodies?

jazz1

Rookie
May 25, 2013
That set up looks sweet. Too bad the bracket handle isn't one big battery for the EF-X20 ;) Wish I could find one to purchase for my rig. Can I ask what brand the small tripod is?

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
That set up looks sweet. Too bad the bracket handle isn't one big battery for the EF-X20 ;) Wish I could find one to purchase for my rig. Can I ask what brand the small tripod is?
The small tripod is from Joby, the ones that make the Gorilla Pods!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom