Fuji Fuji GS Flash Bracket

taz98spin

Top Veteran
By using this set up + ND filter, I was able to get this extreme shot.
I purposely shot directly into the sun, just so I could test out the set up.

Only PP I did was add a ColorChrome filter (similar to Kodak's Kodachrome) in Perfect Effects.

8689308496_20d4ba983d_b.jpg

Rena by Taz Spin, on Flickr

And.. I should have ordered the Fuji EF-42 flash unit or the Olympus version, so I can use it with my Micro Four Thirds cameras too.
But the Metz website had Nikon/Fuji listed together so I got this unit instead, because I needed more power + faster refresh rate than my Olympus flash unit. (The Olympus unit works well in manual mode)

8692675617_309a8276d3.jpg

Metz 44 by Taz Spin, on Flickr

& with the GS Bracket

8694999226_873388d6dd_c.jpg

Metz Flash by Taz Spin, on Flickr

8694998308_aef45e8458_c.jpg

Metz Flash by Taz Spin, on Flickr

Hopefully I'll be able to shoot with this set up this weekend, when I head to downtown Chicago!

Although, nobody on this forum seems to care about the GS bracket, I did get to shoot with the set up with the Metz Flash.

Here's an example & I'm pretty pleased with the light quality ;)

8749632728_29f3a44038_b.jpg

Amy by Taz Spin, on Flickr

I just saw your posts on this. Interestng setup.
The results look fabulous!
Thanks for the info too. It helps me broaden the horizon wrt flash solutions for the x-pro. The ef-20 is nice but not enough.
Peter

I just saw your posts on this. Interestng setup.
The results look fabulous!
Thanks for the info too. It helps me broaden the horizon wrt flash solutions for the x-pro. The ef-20 is nice but not enough.
Peter

Thank you! With the bracket, you can use any kind of flash unit! I've attached my Olympus & Nissin flashes for Micro Four Thirds and they all fire perfectly!

Every Taz post = G.A.S. :p

I have never really tried working with flash but I have been intrigued about working with the EF-X20 unit.

This bracket looks awesome -- shame I can't find any on ebay ! Where did you get the bracket from ?

I have the Fuji EF-X20 for my Fuji x cameras. However, I'd like to use this Fuji EF-X20 with a non fuji camera (olympus 35 SP/UC, some of the old olympus Pens, and the olympus Pen FT). The fact I could go manual down to 1/64 is great for me (fill flashing with wide aperture). However will the Fuji EF-X20 work on these old film cameras in manual mode without frying anything (itself or the camera) ?

This bracket looks awesome -- shame I can't find any on ebay ! Where did you get the bracket from ?

I have the Fuji EF-X20 for my Fuji x cameras. However, I'd like to use this Fuji EF-X20 with a non fuji camera (olympus 35 SP/UC, some of the old olympus Pens, and the olympus Pen FT). The fact I could go manual down to 1/64 is great for me (fill flashing with wide aperture). However will the Fuji EF-X20 work on these old film cameras in manual mode without frying anything (itself or the camera) ?

I got my bracket from ebay, but seems like all the listing on ebay are gone now..

As for using the Fuji flash on other camera bodies not sure. I brought my EF-X20 here to NY with my Flashwave triggers, and the triggers do not fire with the EF-X20, so it might not work with other camera bodies?

That set up looks sweet. Too bad the bracket handle isn't one big battery for the EF-X20 ;) Wish I could find one to purchase for my rig. Can I ask what brand the small tripod is?

Back